Around the NHL, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Crosby delivered to the ultimate outcome again by his other talented teammates. If only Miller could keep his legs close the narrative on him would be much different more than likely. Go Phil Kessel!:laugh:

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I'm going to be so disgusted by the lame as **** takes about Holtby not being able to "steal" games, Ovechkin being a choker, Washington being all time chokers for losing to an "inferior" team (not really), etc.

And the CBC panel is already talking about the brilliance of Geno Malkin after a month ago saying he shouldn't even be playing AGAINST THE RANGERS. I hate the old-age media.

Last edited:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
This is a shock to me. Respect to the Penguins. Pittsburgh turns over players so quickly I don't even know who's on their team these last seasons. They began as a hot mess credit has to be given Sullivan, wow.

Too little too late from the Capitals. They looked worn down. I really question players like Winnick that Toronto dumped off, or Chicago's moves this (entire) year that didn't pan out. Getting the Presidents Trophy in the modern era has proven not to be an auspicious event.

Crosby had 0 goals this series- it shows the depth of the Pens and his role as a captain. At times Malkin can still make his case as the top player in world. Everything those two do is creating their team. It's never perfect but as someone here said with those two anything is possible.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Don't want anybody to win in the East anymore. I want either my first choice which is the Blues, or San Jose.

Last edited:

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I don't know what the Caps have to do, in order to get over that hump. They are certainly in early 90s Wings mode.

I'm now pulling for the Sharks and Blues, but I have a feeling we see Dal/Nsh in the WCF.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I don't care who wins as long as it's not Pittsburgh. Tampa and Dallas are my two preferred teams at this point just because they're exciting and have ties to the wings. I hate Pittsburgh though. Chicago is my least favorite team but Pittsburgh is almost as bad IMO.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Who would have thought on a roster employing the likes of Crosby, Malkin, Hornqvist, etc. that guys like Bonino, Hagelin, Sheary, Cullen would be in the driver's seat and leading the team to the ECF. Craziness.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The thought of that is more palatable with $200 in my pocket for my league's playoff bracket.

I had Pittsburgh going all the way in mine. :laugh:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the thought of crosby winning another cup while riding the coattails of his teammates is nauseating

he road the coattails in 2009 when he scored the most goals, 2nd in assists and 2nd in pts in the playoffs?

yikes i would hate to see how datsyuk fared in 2008 when we won the cup....

isnt crosby 2nd on his team in playoff pts this year?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
he road the coattails in 2009 when he scored the most goals, 2nd in assists and 2nd in pts in the playoffs?

yikes i would hate to see how datsyuk fared in 2008 when we won the cup....

isnt crosby 2nd on his team in playoff pts this year?

Yea tied with Bonino

Crosby hasn't been great these playoffs, the Hagelin - Bonino - Kessel line has been their best for close to 2 months now if my memory serves, but the narrative in this thread is getting into salty territory

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Yea tied with Bonino

Crosby hasn't been great these playoffs, the Hagelin - Bonino - Kessel line has been their best for close to 2 months now if my memory serves, but the narrative in this thread is getting into salty territory

crosby gets so much flack simply because he is sidney crosby but their is not a player in the world likely any franchise wouldnt take 1st OA if drafted again today

he dominated in 2008 and 2009 and this year is 2nd in pts for his team(who he is tied with dosent really matter) and i suspect if we see the Pens win the cup Crosby will be their top point producer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad