Around the NHL, p.12: Stuff is once again starting to happen!!! ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Always felt like Subban got the **** end of the stick from the Habs and their media for having personality.. Browsing Twitter you can see it's a huge hit to their community and fans.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I like Kevin Cheveldayoff's work in Winnipeg.

They have the makings of being a monster in the very near future.
Two competent top 6 C's, maj wingers, solid top 3 D, good goalies, young guys.

If Calgary went out and got a legit Wing/C I think we'd have a good case. I think it depends on Bennett this season, where Calgary finishes.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I think it's painfully obvious the Oilers needed a D. You gotta give to get. Hall might be the most overrated player on HF. They will be a better team because of this. Credit to Chia for having the stones to face criticism he knew he would face.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I think it's painfully obvious the Oilers needed a D. You gotta give to get. Hall might be the most overrated player on HF. They will be a better team because of this. Credit to Chia for having the stones to face criticism he knew he would face.

And the Oilers had more his replacement fall into their laps at #4 this year in the draft

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's kind of funny with that Hall trade, that clearly something major needed to happen to that team... but once it happens people are less than trilled.

Hall might be a top 5 LW in the game, but it hasn't managed to earn his team more than 74 points over the past 6 seasons. Something needed to happen. This is McDavid's team, and if you're going to build around McDavid, Draisaitl and Puljaarvi (second rebuild, a rebuild within a rebuild, a rebuilding inception) then you have to do something with the old guard making 6 million a season.

I have a feeling Edmonton will be scary within the next two seasons.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Steve Yzerman's got balls of steel for sure, he handled the Marty, Drouin and Stamkos situations perfectly.

As for the Oilers, it's the kind of move they had to make... about three years ago. Not good value for the moment but they probably are a more balanced hockey team now.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I can't believe Edmonton traded Hall for so little. It's not a good one for one trade. I understand it fills needs on both sides but value it's bad for Edmonton. Period.

Hall is the best player on that team not named McDavid. He is one of the best in the league as far as production and position. Silly deal.

I love that him and Weber are gone from the West. Calgary gets better in this deal too. Even if Lucic signs there, I'm not worried at all.

That was the one piece, the highest value asset they would be willing to trade for a maybe 2-3 Dman

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Habs fans are BEYOND livid and I don't blame them. That trade made not much sense.
It's beyond me why they haven't fired their coach yet.

Aug 3, 2010
Posted this in the Poll thread but:
Assuming they're even in overall skill (nod to Hamilton for offence, Larsson for defence)

Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson
or
2015 15th overall (Senyshyn) + two second round picks (Lauzon, Forsbacka-Karlsson) for Dougie Hamilton

In other words, I wouldn't have traded Hall for the 3 picks in question. Thank you Treliving.

Last edited:

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Chiarelli shouldnt be taking the blame for the lop-sided value here, it's the GMs who've had that job before him and refused to take even a small loss on trade-value for Eberle, Yakupov, and RNH while their value was sky high in order to address a position of need.
Now he comes along and has the balls to make a move for a legitimate top 3 young core D-man and fans are gonna be calling for his head when it was the right move to make.

As glad as I am teams around the league stuck to their guns and didn't let Edmonton off the hook easy, it's scary that someone is in charge now that could actually build something from that team.

On a side note: What's the over/under that now Hall stops running around, like a chicken with it's head cut off, in his own end?
I feel liek there's a lot of 'fixing' that needs to happen with him and the next forward traded off Edmonton.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Chiarelli shouldnt be taking the blame for the lop-sided value here, it's the GMs who've had that job before him and refused to take even a small loss on trade-value for Eberle, Yakupov, and RNH while their value was sky high in order to address a position of need.
Now he comes along and has the balls to make a move for a legitimate top 3 young core D-man and fans are gonna be calling for his head when it was the right move to make.

As glad as I am teams around the league stuck to their guns and didn't let Edmonton off the hook easy, it's scary that someone is in charge now that could actually build something from that team.

On a side note: What's the over/under that now Hall stops running around, like a chicken with it's head cut off, in his own end?
I feel liek there's a lot of 'fixing' that needs to happen with him and the next forward traded off Edmonton.

This is the best statement regarding the situation posted.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Tkachuk pans out a top-six winger or better, and at least one of Kilmchuk, Poirier, Shinkaruk, Mangiapane pan out into something, then the last thing the Flames would ever need is yet another expensive left winger.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Remember that expert hockey analysis who wrote a scathing article talking about how poorly the Lightning were being run a few months back? A trip to the conference finals, a reconciliation with Drouin and the re-signing of Stamkos later and it just gets worse and worse for that guy.

But of course, in journalism he doesn't have to be accountable for those thoughts, because they got hits.

moon*

As I mentioned in the trade thread props to Chiarelli for making a move with one of th golden boys, but what an awful deal to make.

I know Flames fans love picking on Hall but he was a skilled player. Puljujarvi is nowhere near a replacement for him and Lucic is a declining player that is going to be way overpaid for way, way too long.

The Oilers just got worse in the short term and in the long term and hopefully they are dumb enough to think this is a solution to their defensive problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad