Around the NHL, p.12: Stuff is once again starting to happen!!! ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
That may have been the most eventful hour in NHL history. Remember where you were for it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Now, to get BT in on this action.

Widedog to New Jersey for Brodeur's autographed stick and Gomez's old jock.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I love Weber personally. Pretty sure something happened between Subban and the Habs. That trade isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The Hall one I find hilarious, especially with reports coming out about the Islanders offering more off Hall. Stamkos signing a new deal with the Lightning is epic. Love seeing the smug looks wiped off Leafs fans who were adamant he was signing there.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I also don't understand how people can say Edm got fleeced haha. Top pairing d men are more valuable than top line wingers imo.

Hall is a top 5-10 LW. Larsson is currently a 2-3, with potential to be 1. There is no guarantee for Larsson to be a 1, and he only shows flashes of 1. I think he tops out as a 2.

edit - Saw on the main threads that he has 2nd pairing offense, 2nd pairing CORSI numbers, and playing first line minutes. Seems to me like he's currently not a 1-2.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Now, to get BT in on this action.

Widedog to New Jersey for Brodeur's autographed stick and Gomez's old jock.

I'd even drive him to the airport for this.

Maybe if the Oilers lose out on Demers, they'll pick up Wideman for a pick?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

This trade is going to be very interesting to evaluate going forward. Old school (Weber) vs new school (Subban).

Frankly, Subban's the better defenceman now and without in the future. Although, maybe now Weber will get a Norris :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Weber/Subban trade isn't a horrible trade right now, I think in 2 years time it will look bad though, and I love Weber and what he brings to the table.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Was thinking about this actually. I imagine he will get more exposure in MTL so it could increase his stock?

On the other hand if he struggles he is gonna get completely buried by the media in Montreal.

Shea Weber is already an improvement in the eyes of the Montreal media because he isn't named PK Subban.

Best of luck to PK, Nashville is going to love him.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
Hall is easily a top 10 winger, not just top line. One thing I've always agreed on with Oilers fans. I'm happy he's going to a legit organization. Larsson's good, but Edmonton lost this one big time, a move they had to make, sure, I just thought/think it's nuts they traded Hall.

And Montreal goofed as well. I love Weber, but Subbans already arguably better and Webers clearly declining..

I figured Stammer would sign in Tampa and make it a very anticlimactic ending, so happy the Leafs didn't get him :laugh:

What a day

Hall is a top 5-10 LW. Larsson is currently a 2-3, with potential to be 1. There is no guarantee for Larsson to be a 1, and he only shows flashes of 1. I think he tops out as a 2.

Solid points. Hall is definitely in the upper echelon of wingers (top 5, 10) but I still think Larsson becomes a number one d man. His defensive acumen is there already and I believe the offense will come once he gets comfortable in Edmonton.

It's fair to say Edmonton lost out on the value here but I don't think it's too much of a loss and like you said, tmurfin, it's a trade they had to make

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
As a habs fan I would have way proffered Drai and 4th. But Shea Weber is legit. Him and Price on the same team is interesting.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The only fall-out I don't like about the Stamkos re-signing is that Stamkos going UFA would've made Buffalo, Detroit and Toronto pause on July 1st, allowing the Flames to try to score one of the other top UFA RWs. Now I feel like there will be more competition as Detroit, Buffalo and perhaps Toronto may snap up the other big fish.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The only fall-out I don't like about the Stamkos re-signing is that Stamkos going UFA would've made Buffalo, Detroit and Toronto pause on July 1st, allowing the Flames to try to score one of the other top UFA RWs. Now I feel like there will be more competition as Detroit, Buffalo and perhaps Toronto may snap up the other big fish.

Yup, I wish he would've drug it out, undoubtedly the price for scoring forwards just went up big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad