Around the NHL III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Adam Erne puts Jonathan Drouin in the quiet room after that hit, the question now becomes does Yzerman trade Erne to the Sabres... I would be absolutely incensed if someone in my organization hit someone else in my organization like that.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Their ticket prices are way above ours and probably give away less tickets and discounts than we do. We'd kill to be in their situation.

They need higher ticket prices to offset the smaller arena and the needed perception that a Canadian team could survive in a small market without revenue sharing. The reality is their ticket prices are unsustainable without becoming an instant dynasty.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Sounds like they're having trouble selling tickets. Has anyone considered relocation. I heard that Kansas City and Seattle were in the market for an NHL team. :laugh:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Today's Marek vs Wyshynski ... awesome information from Kevin Woodley ... goaltender specific talk, just awesome ... talking about a physiological scan that teams use to know if a goaltender is going to have problems in the future or not, download that ish now

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
So that other Calder Trophy candidate in the Bay Area, decided to stick his leg out and got kneed by Dustin Brown, yet somehow Brown got thrown out of the game #nhllogic

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I like that out of the coach. The guys talk about the logo in the locker room and to not desecrate (sp?) it, and what it is supposed to mean to them. It is their emblem, their flag, and this fan pissed all over it. It is a respect issue. Boo them all you want. Scream obscenities. Stupid fans can harass them on twitter. (remember Wilson's 1st twitter?) But don't throw the colors around like that. It is not apples to apples here, and I am not wanting to start the" it isn't the same thing argument", but to players and coaches that care,and esp to Canadian ones who grew up bleeding oiler copper and blue, those colors may have the same kind of meaning as a vet here in the states.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I like that out of the coach. The guys talk about the logo in the locker room and to not desecrate (sp?) it, and what it is supposed to mean to them. It is their emblem, their flag, and this fan pissed all over it. It is a respect issue. Boo them all you want. Scream obscenities. Stupid fans can harass them on twitter. (remember Wilson's 1st twitter?) But don't throw the colors around like that. It is not apples to apples here, and I am not wanting to start the" it isn't the same thing argument", but to players and coaches that care,and esp to Canadian ones who grew up bleeding oiler copper and blue, those colors may have the same kind of meaning as a vet here in the states.

That is the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read. The same kind of meaning as a vet? Give me a break. It's more comparable to a company logo ... Oh, wait, it IS a company logo, so I guess that's not really a comparison.

Maybe if you don't want people disrespecting your logo, you shouldn't have a product that's the laughingstock of the league for most of a decade. This is entertainment. If you don't have an entertaining product, this is the sort of thing that happens. It would be like getting upset at someone for tossing a Metallica shirt because they didn't like St Anger.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
That is the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read. The same kind of meaning as a vet? Give me a break. It's more comparable to a company logo ... Oh, wait, it IS a company logo, so I guess that's not really a comparison.

Maybe if you don't want people disrespecting your logo, you shouldn't have a product that's the laughingstock of the league for most of a decade. This is entertainment. If you don't have an entertaining product, this is the sort of thing that happens. It would be like getting upset at someone for tossing a Metallica shirt because they didn't like St Anger.

It I all a matter of perspective how ridiculous things are. I find it ridiculous that you didn't heed the disclaimer that it wasn't apples to apples. So come down off the high moral horse. It was merely to point out that some respect symbols more than others. nothing more, nothing less.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
It I all a matter of perspective how ridiculous things are. I find it ridiculous that you didn't heed the disclaimer that it wasn't apples to apples. So come down off the high moral horse. It was merely to point out that some respect symbols more than others. nothing more, nothing less.

You can't claim you aren't comparing A to B, then write a post explicitly comparing them and wonder why people didn't read your disclaimer that you weren't doing what you did lol.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
So the Stadium Series in Los Angeles is having a hard time selling tickets, but I swear I read a few days ago that Hockey was thriving in the LA area :sarcasm:
It is.

But, better things to do in 70 degree weather than watch overpriced, bad, sloppy, hockey outdoors, and most of the suburbanite hockey-type folks gave up on Dodger Stadium years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad