Around the NHL III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
other thread is at 1,000 ... ill post the last post, which was mine

if we lose to calgary, we are a lock for the #3 pick... lose out and i think we get the #2 pick. florida has a lock on #1 .. we just need to hope no team below us wins the lottery.. as long as we pick top 3, we're good.. don't think you can go wrong with drouin or mackinnon.. although i think the obvious first choice is mackinnon. simply because of our lack of top 6 centers.. i think forsberg may better be suited for wing

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
really big for us tonight that the flames beat detroit! gives us a great a shot at #3 or better!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I feel icky rooting for Calgary but woo hoo thank you Flames!

I feel even more icky hoping we lose to detroit and columbus in the coming days.

If our last game against columbus means if we lose columbus gets in but if we win detroit gets in I think my head will explode.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I feel even more icky hoping we lose to detroit and columbus in the coming days.

If our last game against columbus means if we lose columbus gets in but if we win detroit gets in I think my head will explode.

You know, as much as I dislike Detroit and Columbus, I can't help but feel a little pride for Columbus. They trade away the face of their franchise for the first 10 years of their existence to be battling for a playoff spot. They play hard every night and while they may be the enemy, I have respect for them now as a team. If they make it in, good for them, they earned it. They have guys that want to be there and are playing as a team should. They honestly remind me a lot of us so maybe all those years of us beating up on them taught them many lessons.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
You know, as much as I dislike Detroit and Columbus, I can't help but feel a little pride for Columbus. They trade away the face of their franchise for the first 10 years of their existence to be battling for a playoff spot. They play hard every night and while they may be the enemy, I have respect for them now as a team. If they make it in, good for them, they earned it. They have guys that want to be there and are playing as a team should. They honestly remind me a lot of us so maybe all those years of us beating up on them taught them many lessons.

I'm adopting them as my East team next year. Love what is going on there.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'm sure almost all of you have seen it, but for those who haven't, check out the start of the B's game last night. Incredible.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
awesome I didnt get to see that, only the beginning. Which was still great to see.
529386_10151353789047466_829341673_n.jpg

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Yeah, me too. I'm so glad they're in the east next year. They are building a great team.

I love how they refused to buy into the "Let's tank for a few years" crap like Edmonton. That is a group of blue collar workers with a never-say-die attitude. No star, just lots of guys contributing, with a Philly-reject in net playing at a Vezina level. And a smallish market to boot.

What's not to love?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I love how they refused to buy into the "Let's tank for a few years" crap like Edmonton. That is a group of blue collar workers with a never-say-die attitude. No star, just lots of guys contributing, with a Philly-reject in net playing at a Vezina level. And a smallish market to boot.

What's not to love?

I LOVE the fact that Philly is so impatient, he was great in his rookie year and goalies don't hit their prime until their late 20's. Hilarious. Glad he went to Columbus.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

What's not to love?

are you talking about Columbus?? It may not have been intentional but they have "tanked" about as much as Edmonton has the last few years.. they just failed to win the draft lottery plus made some bad chioces with their high first rounders...

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
are you talking about Columbus?? It may not have been intentional but they have "tanked" about as much as Edmonton has the last few years.. they just failed to win the draft lottery plus made some bad chioces with their high first rounders...

This year, everyone had them pegged as a bottom feeder, an rather than buying that and saying "if we can't win, we might as well tank", they played their arses off and are in contention. They didn't tank as hard as Edmonton IMO.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
damn it montreal.. every team we wanted to win.. lost.

nj/philly is irrelevant imo.. hopefully carolina can make a comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad