Around the NHL Discussion Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Any team is only going to go as far as the goaltender gets them. No team is going to go on any sort of a run getting sub par goaltending for an extended period of time in the playoffs. That’s not an issue unique to the Preds.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Any team is only going to go as far as the goaltender gets them. No team is going to go on any sort of a run getting sub par goaltending for an extended period of time in the playoffs. That’s not an issue unique to the Preds.
Sure, but that's not really the point. The issue is IF the Preds can get good goaltending, which I'd argue is much more in question than other contenders. Rinne has been one of the most inconsistent goalies the last 5 years, and Saros is still a young guy trying to find his footing in the NHL. Sure, all teams need good goaltending, but the Preds do have a unique situation in how likely they'll get that good goaltending.

And yes, the same argument could be had for the Blues with Allen as with the Preds and Rinne.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Not sure if this is appropriate for HF but this was too good to not post :laugh:

Mod Edit: NSFW Language

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Balloon

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
In a hotel on business travel getting caught up with the NHL action. They have the NHL Network. Blues never mentioned.

We are so off the radar by the national media.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Announcers talking like the LA vs TB game is a foreshadowing of the Final this season.

Maybe it's good to go unnoticed.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
So, i'm sitting here watching the highlights on the NHL app after work, and the Hawks/Flyers game is on. The announcer at one point says " Lehtera almost caught up to Sharp there, which isn't a good sign for Sharp here at this point in his career". I literally LOL'd sitting here by myself in the living room.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Chicago had a mediocre roster heading into the season and they're playing like a ver mediocre team. Their vets are fading fast and the kids aren't ready or as good as they thought. That Seabrook contract is a total anchor.

Reactions: KirkOut

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
So, i'm sitting here watching the highlights on the NHL app after work, and the Hawks/Flyers game is on. The announcer at one point says " Lehtera almost caught up to Sharp there, which isn't a good sign for Sharp here at this point in his career". I literally LOL'd sitting here by myself in the living room.
Ironic, because I was listening to their radio guys in the first period before our game trying to convince themselves that he's not that bad. They said he's been playing really well, referred to him as a "big guy" even though he doesn't really play big and said he is "not a great skater, but he will get to the spot", whatever that's supposed to mean. Maybe the if the "spot" is his seat on the bench when he's gassed at the end of a 0:30 shift. :laugh:

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Which is funny given how the GM has raped that roster
I can see why he made the Saad trade and it's probably an even deal.

I can't for the life of me fathom why he'd trade one of the best shutdown defenseman in the league for an incredibly overpaid Connor Murphy, who isn't even a top 4 level defenseman.

This is ignoring the fact he botched their cap situation with those awful contracts for Toews and Kane.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I can see why he made the Saad trade and it's probably an even deal.

I can't for the life of me fathom why he'd trade one of the best shutdown defenseman in the league for an incredibly overpaid Connor Murphy, who isn't even a top 4 level defenseman.

This is ignoring the fact he botched their cap situation with those awful contracts for Toews and Kane.
The only thing I see in Saad is cost certainty. Panarin is just simply a better hockey player.

As for Kane and Toews....those were thank you contracts. You can't sign guys to "retirement" contracts like that

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Pens fans in general are not excited about Reaves tonight and his fight with a Cap. They think he does nothing to protect Sid.

I say they send him back to STL. Love to gave him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad