OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's always a good time to try to recruit non-fans, or casual fans as well.

Don't know how you can't find excitement in the game this time of the year. Every day it's something to see. This isn't the NFL.

NFL playoff format is terrible. One off day and the best team in the league is gone. It's only good to make an exciting game and that is the super bowl.
If it had a best of 3 playoff format that would be way more exciting. But god forbid NFL'ers have to play more than 16-20 games in a whole season.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Not a fan of hockey in general? Or just being sarcastic? As @SirBrad just said - how can you not enjoy this?

This Bs/Jackets game is AWESOME.

I like hockey but if the Pens didn’t play I’d hardly watch it. I watch some playoff games of other teams but I’ve only fully watched 1 non pens game this season (because I was at the game).

I only really watch 2 sports. The other is Aussie Rules football which I watch even if my team isn’t involved. I grew up on that and played the game though.

Reactions: ColePens

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I like hockey but if the Pens didn’t play I’d hardly watch it. I watch some playoff games of other teams but I’ve only fully watched 1 non pens game this season (because I was at the game).

I only really watch 2 sports. The other is Aussie Rules football which I watch even if my team isn’t involved. I grew up on that and played the game though.

Funny you're from Vancouver, I usually pick a west coast team (Vancouver was my team) during the playoffs to watch and root for because there is always the 7pm game and 10pm west coaster game and I always watch 2 games every day during the opening round.

A few years ago I loved the Montreal - Boston matchup that always seemed to happen and they would obliterate each other. Some of the best hockey I can remember outside of the Pens Flyers.

Reactions: SirBrad

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Funny you're from Vancouver, I usually pick a west coast team (Vancouver was my team) during the playoffs to watch and root for because there is always the 7pm game and 10pm west coaster game and I always watch 2 games every day during the opening round.

A few years ago I loved the Montreal - Boston matchup that always seemed to happen and they would obliterate each other. Some of the best hockey I can remember outside of the Pens Flyers.

I do the same thing. I remember staying up until the middle of the night 10 years ago watching that Dallas/San Jose game that went into 4OT. I ended up following Dallas easily because they played Detroit in the following round.

Oh yeah CBJ wins.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Massive come from 3-1 behind and pull out a win in Boston.
CBJ... ugh...
Metro is ridiculously difficult.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That's actually scary. They want more.

Lol. Not scared of that team outside of their top two D and Seth Jones. Also, honestly Columbus has to beat us in the playoffs at some point to make it a rivalry.

Also, we win tomorrow and we are four points up. Murray being back is going to probably result in a 8-1 record or something to finish the season.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Panthers up 2-0. Hanging on by a thread but not going to go down. Would be 3 pts behind NJ with 2 games in hand if they win this one,.

Reactions: BHD

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Lol. Not scared of that team outside of their top two D and Seth Jones. Also, honestly Columbus has to beat us in the playoffs at some point to make it a rivalry.

Also, we win tomorrow and we are four points up. Murray being back is going to probably result in a 8-1 record or something to finish the season.

I am not afraid of anyone in the Metro to be honest but anything can happen. I expect the Penguins to take their game to the next level in 3 weeks.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I do the same thing. I remember staying up until the middle of the night 10 years ago watching that Dallas/San Jose game that went into 4OT. I ended up following Dallas easily because they played Detroit in the following round.

Oh yeah CBJ wins.

Yeah if you enjoy hockey, you don't miss a playoff game. Especially round one, you can easily find and pick to watch the best series out of 4 matchup's outside of your home team.

It's just too good to pass up.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Boston has always had our number. They shut down Sid and Geno really well and frustrate them to no end...

Not trying to be mean, but how old are you? How about you ask some Boston fans what they felt in the 90s. Maybe specifically ask them about Ulf, but you may get punched.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Panthers up 2-0. Hanging on by a thread but not going to go down. Would be 3 pts behind NJ with 2 games in hand if they win this one,.

The guy on their staff deserves props for challenging (what would have been) the Habs' first goal. The goal came 15 seconds after the Ekblad goal, and the game could have gotten away from the Cats.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Not trying to be mean, but how old are you? How about you ask some Boston fans what they felt in the 90s. Maybe specifically ask them about Ulf, but you may get punched.
I’m talking about the Sid and Geno era.

I’m well aware of the Ulf/Neely incident and the reason Milbury hates the Pens with a passion now...

When I said “always have our number” I was talking about the current core of the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad