OT: Around the NHL: Big Mack Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I didn’t watch the post game much last night but they’re replaying it and during an interview with MacKinnon a teammate skates over to him and says “87” and they hug, and Kaplan asks what that means and he says that when his hotel room # was 87 he knew they were going to win because they “both love Sid.” Thought that was interesting. Like Sid is so revered that his # is a good luck charm even to opposing players.

Didn’t recognise the other player, maybe Newhook? Another maritimer. Obvious Sid influence in his style of play.

Other guy was Cogliano

Reactions: Jacob

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I didn’t watch the post game much last night but they’re replaying it and during an interview with MacKinnon a teammate skates over to him and says “87” and they hug, and Kaplan asks what that means and he says that when his hotel room # was 87 he knew they were going to win because they “both love Sid.” Thought that was interesting. Like Sid is so revered that his # is a good luck charm even to opposing players.

Didn’t recognise the other player, maybe Newhook? Another maritimer. Obvious Sid influence in his style of play.
It was Cogliano.

Anyone else a little surprised that Alfredsson is getting into the Hall before Mogilny? That’s sort of a head-scratcher for me. I remember that season where he pretty much scored a goal a game for like 75 games. I don’t ever remember Alfredsson being anywhere near that impactful at any time in his career.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Jack Johnson really is a king amongst men

1656362178788.png

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
As punishment for dropping the Stanley Cup, Aube-Kubel had to make dinner for the team last night.

1656363420317.gif

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Don’t watch much ESPN but I just tuned in to Around The Horn and the heaping praise that Tampa received for what they’ve accomplished over the last 3 seasons* was vomit inducing. Almost if the Pens didn’t win back to back.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's hilarious. Now let me take a big sip of water and check who the Flyers GM was at the time
Nolan Patrick - to me - was done a disservice by being rushed. For a GM that doesn't like to rush things, that always seemed like the blokes above him pushed for that. Nolan could have been a good player but there was work he needed to do and they didn't allow him to and so we sit here with jokes.

Always felt he could be better. Hell I would be ok if Hextall traded for Hague and picked up Patrick in that deal for like Pettersson or whatever.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think that's Bobby Clarke's story now. It may or may not be accurate. But whatever is accurate, that the Flyers passed on him is a source of an endless chuckle.
There's a lot of hindsight dumbf***ery by ole Boobert Clarke.

Provorov was their young defenseman of the future and to build and so they were looking for the heir apparent to when Giroux would finally go as he was also being used as right wing etc. So they draft a C that they wanted to groom into a 1-2 punch with Couts etc.

If muppets were to actually dig into it a little you'd kind of see Clarke was talking bs. Provorov just scores 17 goals and 41pts in his second year and you lot assume they "passed" on Makar/Heiskanen?

They had Provorov and Ghost as two that produced so Patrick made sense. I think seeing shit after the fact changes it to a bad way but when you go back to that year and it makes sense. Clarke is a f*** wit.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
No way, I look forward to the new Jagr-Pens era. Wait, what do you mean they didn't win anything and continually lost in the early rounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad