OT: Around the NHL: Big Mack Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Rangers had historically great goaltending and a super effective power play, and still couldn't get to the SCF. Unreal...
1655006130214.png

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I legitimately think this is the best season the Rangers are going to have over the next few years. People say "they're young so they'll only get better" while not acknowledging that they have a ton of money committed to an older core.
I could see them taking a big step back if Sheshterkin is even just only good.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I can see the SCF going either way... Both teams are without key players, while others are less than 100%. If I had to pick tough, I'd say Tampa.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I'm leaning toward Tampa winning because of Vasilevskiy. I could see Colorado outplaying Tampa only to be stoned by him.
Victor is going to have some trouble with their speed. The team will go as he goes. If he struggles with Mack and then Makar joining late, Colorado wins this. The Makar joining late has been unstoppable thus far…but if anyone in the league can stop it, it’s Hedman.

I know people want to appreciate and laude Makar, and rightfully so. But we shouldn’t forget that Hedman has put together a 5 or so year run of being the absolute best all-around defenseman in the world.

It’s going to be a great series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ignatius and BHD

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
And if from now on, people are aware of Trouba's BS.
The word is definitely out. There were whisperings of this when he was in the ‘Peg. He seems to have went nuts for this run though. But why wouldn’t he? Not a single hearing? The outright indifference from the ESPN crew?

AFAIC, from now on we have ample evidence to suspect that ESPN’s relationship with the NYR’s organization might not be on the up-and-up. We’ll see how it plays going forward.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Trouba's the newest incarnation of Scott Stevens and that dude's dirty, dangerous, sociopathic play essentially got him the NHL's version of beatification/canonization. :laugh: Trouba's not gonna be hunted down, he's gonna be celebrated.

As for the Rangers moving forward, I think it could go either way. If their kid line continues to improve and builds upon a really solid playoffs, they're gonna be able to deal with relatively thin depth. They still have elite talent in Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider, Fox, and Shesterkin though.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
How sad that the series winning goal came after a Trouba error...

I still can't believe the Cirelli line couldn't score, that was some next level domination every time they were on the ice.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad