Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
UnkBZWI.png

Lol, I don't think it's necessarily a good idea for the athletes to engage these people since they almost have to make some lame forced apology, but it is always funny when they do.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I hope Smith/Hanzal/ don't have great years, and when Tip gets a new gig, he doesn't lead his new team deep into the playoffs this year. I also hope Stepan/Raanta have great years, and Tocc has the team in the playoff hunt the final 10 games. I HOPE this is what happens, but it could be the reverse too. I like Chayka and like his moves, but there is some risk, and he doesn't have a magic wand.
I hope Smith tears it up. I hope Raanta tears it up. I hope when Tippet comes back both he and Tocchet are in the Jack Adams discussion. I hope Hanzal can stay healthy all year and competes for the Selke we all know he's capable of. I hope Stepan leads the team to the playoffs. I think you get the drift, I wish for success all around. The infractions of the old guard are easily offset by their contributions while they were here. I just don't see a good enough reason to be bitter, I hope they all do well and I hope the new guard kicks even more ass. Call me Mr. Positive I guess. haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
My only concern is his agent is Darren Ferris. Same as Rieder's, who was a pain to sign last year because his agent used insane comparables like Nazem Kadri.

There are two unsigned RFAs right now and they're both Ferris clients - Anderson and Athanasiou (who, like Rieder, has threatened KHL).

That being said, from a shot handedness perspective, I wonder if something around Duclair/Anderson makes sense.

It's funny, maybe Chayka already looked at this. At the meet and greet thing last week, he said he went to assistant GM Steve Sullivan with another roster move idea, but Sullivan suggested they just wait and see with how things shake out with the current roster.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
That's awful. Obviously one of best play by play guys out there but seemed to be an even better person. I'm glad he got to do a couple national games last year and I got to watch one. Even better was watching Coyote playoff games he called during that run. RIP

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
One of the only bright spots of this franchise over the last 15 years was having Dave in the booth. Absolute pro at what he did and genuinely great guy. RIP Strades.

Reactions: Naych_PHX

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
JC Lipon from the Jets is on waivers. RHS 4th line energy guy. Would be a good compliment to Crouse.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
JC Lipon from the Jets is on waivers. RHS 4th line energy guy. Would be a good compliment to Crouse.

Moved to Winnipeg for work and saw this guy last week against Calgary. Just a one game sample, but guy was one of the hardest workers on the ice, was hard on every forcheck and forced a few turnovers, and actually stood up for team mates when they got hit or cheap shotted. Seemed like a great 4th line energy guy, and I'm surprised they waived him. I know we're pretty full up, but I wouldn't be upset if we claimed him.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away

Looks like Murphy has been demoted after playing mostly with Keith this preseason. Compared to some of the comments I've been reading about his performance so far, it sounds like most chicago fans are growing concerned.

Murphy is scaring the sh!t out of me at this point. He is like... the opposite of Hjlamarsson... Raw/young/unpredictable and worst of all inconsistent... I realize it's early to judge but from what I have seen of Murphy so far... it hasn't been particularly good.
Didn’t need to be a wizard to know this when the trade happened. We’ve all tried to lie to ourselves that Murphy will be, if not exactly Hjammer level, a top-4 guy.
I still hope we can somehow turn him to a #4.5D so that we won’t look extremely stupid, but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll be glad if he can survive as a bottom pairing guy.
Didn’t understand the trade then, don’t understand it now either. If Murphy was like $2M cheaper it would at least make some sense. I think it’d have been better to let Hjammer walk after this contract and pick up a cheaper guy from the free agency than this trade.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Interesting, I figured he may show a lot of improvement away from play fair, apparently I was very wrong.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
In a young and pace obsessed league, the Canucks present a first line with two Sedins and Vanek. And if Vanek does not fit, don't you worry, Lou Eriksson is around.

I feel sorry for Canucks fans. This could be a very long year for them.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Looks like Murphy has been demoted after playing mostly with Keith this preseason. Compared to some of the comments I've been reading about his performance so far, it sounds like most chicago fans are growing concerned.

Murphy was 3RHD on a bad team last year with Schenn/Stone playing in front of him. He isn't a 1RHD. Maybe Chicago was looking at advanced stats or they saw something in Tjams game that was slipping.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
For once, maybe Jakey was right in regards to a Murphy. Really thought he'd be a top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad