Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
If we would have gotten Matthews we would have sold out immediately, but after the honeymoon, it's all about winning.

Although it would have helped for sure, to be honest I don't think this would have happened (well, except maybe the opener). That year's team still wouldn't have been "good", and by the time the midweek late October games against non-original 6 teams started, the empty seats would have started returning.

Reactions: SniperHF

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Although it would have helped for sure, to be honest I don't think this would have happened (well, except maybe the opener). That year's team still wouldn't have been "good", and by the time the midweek late October games against non-original 6 teams started, the empty seats would have started returning.
That's what I said.:)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Agreed. Hands-on owners need to back off. This sucks for Canes fans.

Funny thing is the team isn't too far off from being a playoff team. Goaltending is obviously still an issue. The Darling experiment has failed. Trouble is they locked him in long term. Do they try it again next season or bring in someone else?

Beyond that, I think they need a coaching change. Make these two moves and I think they're a playoff team.

... They also need a 1C. But so do 10 other teams.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

Funny thing is the team isn't too far off from being a playoff team. Goaltending is obviously still an issue. The Darling experiment has failed. Trouble is they locked him in long term. Do they try it again next season or bring in someone else?

Beyond that, I think they need a coaching change. Make these two moves and I think they're a playoff team.

Wonder if Eric Staal could help them??

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
In a perfect world, Buffalo and the Coyotes have a competitive battle to NOT end up in last place, with the Coyotes eventually finishing in last place.

I don't have much faith in us landing 1OV, but I'd rather have the odds in our favor with worst case scenario having us picking 4OV and 32OV and having Tocchet's mindset of not throwing in the towell stick in the room.

We have a much better chance picking in the top 3 if we finish dead last, but i can't tell you how refreshing it is to see our core players buying into this system and celebrating wins. That's how you build a franchise.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I think they will give Darling another year, and they should. Ward is gone so I believe they will sign another vet to push Darling. I think we should sweep our own doorstep and not worry about Carolina. AB tried to be a Cuban during the off season and his moves turned into a night mare.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
In a perfect world, Buffalo and the Coyotes have a competitive battle to NOT end up in last place, with the Coyotes eventually finishing in last place.

I don't have much faith in us landing 1OV, but I'd rather have the odds in our favor with worst case scenario having us picking 4OV and 32OV and having Tocchet's mindset of not throwing in the towell stick in the room.

We have a much better chance picking in the top 3 if we finish dead last, but i can't tell you how refreshing it is to see our core players buying into this system and celebrating wins. That's how you build a franchise.
We won’t pick 32nd. We stupidly gave that pick to Florida when we decided to destroy Crouse’s development by sticking him on the 4th line of the worst team in the NHL, rather than allowing him to discover his offfense in the CHL and shine on the big stage at the WJC. Not only did we most likely ruin Crouse’s upside but we just gave away the 32nd pick for no reason.

At this point, we have managed to lose that trade. It seems impossible because it was such an obvious slam dunk win. It pisses me off just about as much as anything else about this team and the extremely stupid decisions the shot callers were making the last few years before this one.

We have Minnesota’s 2nd.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
We won’t pick 32nd. We stupidly gave that pick to Florida when we decided to destroy Crouse’s development by sticking him on the 4th line of the worst team in the NHL, rather than allowing him to discover his offfense in the CHL and shine on the big stage at the WJC. Not only did we most likely ruin Crouse’s upside but we just gave away the 32nd pick for no reason.

At this point, we have managed to lose that trade. It seems impossible because it was such an obvious slam dunk win. It pisses me off just about as much as anything else about this team and the extremely stupid decisions the shot callers were making the last few years before this one.

We have Minnesota’s 2nd.

forgot about that rt way to shit all over my aspirations.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Marty Hanzal is done for the year. Season-ending back surgery. Out for 6 to 7 months.

Sucks for Marty. Such a good dude. Sucks for the Stars, but it's really their own fault.

Reactions: MIG and AZviaNJ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

We have Minnesota’s 2nd.
Offense in not Crouse's game, never was, never will. Crouse is fine and should have been here instead of Rinaldo this year.

rt

May 13, 2004
Offense in not Crouse's game, never was, never will. Crouse is fine and should have been here instead of Rinaldo this year.
You're wrong. If given time and space to learn and grow at the appropriate level, Crouse definitely had a shot at developing an offensive game. He wasn't a top ten pick to be a Rinaldo replacement. Obviously he had upside, or he would've went in the late rounds of the draft. Careers start before the first NHL camp.

Reactions: _Del_

rt

May 13, 2004
Marty Hanzal is done for the year. Season-ending back surgery. Out for 6 to 7 months.

Sucks for Marty. Such a good dude. Sucks for the Stars, but it's really their own fault.
Thanks for POJ, Minny! We also got the 2018 2nd out of the deal to look forward to. I'm hoping we trade it.

Reactions: RABBIT

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's also looking unlikely we nab that 2019 2nd from Calgary due to Smith's stupid groin (3-5-2 L10). And since Smith hasn't been around to provide good laughs, it's really a lose lose lose situation.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
It's also looking unlikely we nab that 2019 2nd from Calgary due to Smith's stupid groin (3-5-2 L10). And since Smith hasn't been around to provide good laughs, it's really a lose lose lose situation.
Mike Smith injuries continuing to haunt the Coyotes.

Reactions: _Del_

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Waiting for Ottawa to zoom to 31st, but they're 2-2 in past 4....the 2 losses to AZ and Buffalo.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You're wrong. If given time and space to learn and grow at the appropriate level, Crouse definitely had a shot at developing an offensive game. He wasn't a top ten pick to be a Rinaldo replacement. Obviously he had upside, or he would've went in the late rounds of the draft. Careers start before the first NHL camp.
Crouse wasn't a top offensive threat in junior, that's not his game. In all honestly, Crouse went a bit high but his type of game being a power forward with some offense and who can skate are very rare. You can't always look at stats to determine a value of a player.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hanzal is about to have his third back surgery. Maybe this time it's a back transplant. Team was right to let him go when they did.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
How did I know that would fly right over your head? Your hate for DT goes far beyond words.
How did that become about DT, Chicken Little?

chicken_little-sky-is-falling.jpg

Reactions: CC96

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Unfortunate that Hanzal's career has been close to ruined by his back issues.

Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad