Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
To make the Mike Smith stuff a little more interesting, a number of Flames fans are calling for the firing of coach Glen Gulutzan, with others suggesting Dave Tippett as his replacement.

OMG. It's nearly Christmas - this may be the only present I ask for. Treliving as GM. Tippett as coach. Smitty in net. And a team threatening to relocate over an arena deal. ARIZONALBERTA!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Should know by January. You already regret buying tickets and are protesting. Why do you care where they play next year? Tocch's not going anywhere.
So nice to see that you are interested in me. To answer your question, I'm a Coyotes fan. Like you, I want the team to stay in the Valley. I also work for a living and I don't think that the Coyotes have even tried to give me fair value for my dollar in years. I have the absolute right to spend my leisure dollars as I see fit and even if you are a season ticket holder yourself, spending your dollars on tickets, you are out of place questioning my devotion to the team based upon whether or not I buy tickets. I thought this "you're a lesser fan if you don't buy tickets" claim was debunked on this board some years ago.

As to Tocchet, it's not a personal animus, of the kind that you have against Tippett. It's simply that he's not doing his job well enough to continue his employment.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Calzona..?

pizza.jpg

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Mike Smith pitching a shutout midway through the second. 1-0 Flames.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Per Bettman:

Seattle to be given permission to apply for expansion. Allowed to start ticket drive soon. Price set at $650 million.

No activity on Houston at this time.

Arizona not a relocation candidate at this time.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hopefullly "at this time" are your words and not Uncle Gary's.

I don't think QC could find the 500m, so they're out at 650m.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Poor Quebecor. Hopes dashed just when they got serious by the falling Canadian dollar.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Hopefullly "at this time" are your words and not Uncle Gary's.

I don't think QC could find the 500m, so they're out at 650m.

Mine.... I was at work monitoring Twitter and the plethora of tweets came out on Seattle. Bettman still sticking to the line that the Yotes are continuing to work on an arena solution.

Here's LeBrun's tweet chain on everything.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Heard a rumor that Barroway and co are working on a deal by top golf in Scottsdale. Deep discussion.

No source, no links, just heard the rumor. If anyone has more insight feel free to contribute.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Heard a rumor that Barroway and co are working on a deal by top golf in Scottsdale. Deep discussion.

No source, no links, just heard the rumor. If anyone has more insight feel free to contribute.

I don't know how the math works out. Unless he's giving up equity in the team to the tribes, which I'm not sure is possible or plausible.

Coyotes to Houston seems like a natural fit now.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Per Bettman:

Seattle to be given permission to apply for expansion. Allowed to start ticket drive soon. Price set at $650 million.

No activity on Houston at this time.

Arizona not a relocation candidate at this time.

How much in bitcoin?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't know how the math works out. Unless he's giving up equity in the team to the tribes, which I'm not sure is possible or plausible.

Coyotes to Houston seems like a natural fit now.

What happened to Seattle? You just don't give up. Your must be getting sore from:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad