Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
With Hjarlmarsson and Demers we didn't give up grade A assets. There's a difference.
If we had retained Hanzal and/or Vrbata. Picked up a legitimate RW or C, I would have felt better about it. Also, I felt a little better after Demers, but I thought he'd be the player he was before Florida. Disappointing.
It was another summer where none of the moves were "bad", but I didn't like them all either.

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
Longterm it wouldn't be good and I don't know if we even had/have the assets to do it; but I really wish we would have sent and offer sheet to Pastrnak this summer..

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Murphy gets his first goal (and point I think) for Chicago

According to the Blackhawks board he's actually playing the left right now.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
A thank-you letter to Ottawa - Article - TSN

This was Turris' letter to the city of Ottawa and the stable of Senator fans. This is a microcosm of exactly why we had to trade him. He knows what it is like to conduct matters with some sense of civility and grace, as shown in this letter. He decided to forego all of that because he felt that he was being snubbed in some way here in Arizona.

He definitely matured enough in the meantime, but to me, this is a player that CHOSE to conduct things his way while he was here. Maybe there are things that Phoenix area did not have at the time with a club that had no money, but he could have chosen to be the one to help that turn-around.

Sigh.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
They told him he was a bottom six player. He was never going to "help turn things around here" playing with Biz and Pyatt.

Just a matter of earning trust within the ranks.

As an example, let's say that Turris' brain and Keller's brain are wired the exact same way. Do you think that Keller is going to go back and work hard on defensive awareness/positioning in the offseason if he is told that he needs to work on it? That's the same purpose as being on the 4th line - work your way up and develop trust in the player for the staff and vice-versa.

Success doesn't come before work...

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
A thank-you letter to Ottawa - Article - TSN

This was Turris' letter to the city of Ottawa and the stable of Senator fans. This is a microcosm of exactly why we had to trade him. He knows what it is like to conduct matters with some sense of civility and grace, as shown in this letter. He decided to forego all of that because he felt that he was being snubbed in some way here in Arizona.

He definitely matured enough in the meantime, but to me, this is a player that CHOSE to conduct things his way while he was here. Maybe there are things that Phoenix area did not have at the time with a club that had no money, but he could have chosen to be the one to help that turn-around.

Sigh.
It's like that email people send out when they're leaving the company "enjoyed my time here,
some of the best people, I know the company will be successful, great place to work, stay in touch, blah, blah, blah" This is just the thing to do now, it means nothing, hell a PR agent probably wrote it.

Reactions: zz and _Del_

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Then he left with a lower-body injury. But who could have thought running a goalie, with an extensive history of groin injuries, for every game would be a bad idea?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Dubnyk with three straight shutouts. A little too close to comfort for Brian Boucher.

Also another goalie injury for Vegas and now 18 year old Ferguson is in net.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
GM meetings in Montreal on Friday

"17th – NHL General Managers Meeting (Le Windsor Hotel, Montreal)"

We play there the night before so they might decide to erase the NHL altogether the next day.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I believe that meeting will also be the first face-to-face between Chayka and Doan since the divorce. Doan is attending as part of his new role with the league.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I believe that meeting will also be the first face-to-face between Chayka and Doan since the divorce. Doan is attending as part of his new role with the league.
Doan: "I was a little upset about all the changes and how things were handled but I understand you guys were tired of losing. So anyway...how's the season going?"

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Smith lit up for 3 goals in the first.

Cue Mike Smith death stare....
images

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe how much the Flames are playing him. I know Eddie Lack sucks, but get a backup. Don't ride a 35-year-old goalie with a history of groin injuries.

Reactions: SniperHF

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Smith lit up for 3 goals in the first.

Wait, do you mean Mike Smith's valleys are as low as his peaks are high, and that the end result nearly always equates to an "average" season statistically no matter how great he looks in short stretches? Who would have thought besides anyone who watched the past few seasons?

Reactions: CC96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad