Around the NHL - 2023/24 Season

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Vancouver to get to the WCF
Goes against every fibre of my being, but I want Edmonton to pass them in the standings this week (long shot I know) and have Vancouver lose in the first round.

I'd prefer an improved first round draft pick instead of an improved mid round draft pick. The scenario above really helps with that.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Goes against every fibre of my being, but I want Edmonton to pass them in the standings this week (long shot I know) and have Vancouver lose in the first round.

I'd prefer an improved first round draft pick instead of an improved mid round draft pick. The scenario above really helps with that.

Fair point. I was looking purely at conditions but that makes more sense.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

This is totally reasonable and you shouldn't feel bad. Hatred of the Canucks and draft pick conditions make for a win-win. Edmonton already has cups. I think it's more satisfying seeing the Canucks never win the cup.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Vegas just needs to pass LA. Vegas is 1 point back, but has a game in hand. Two games left for them vs 1 for LA. I believe LA has the tiebreakers though.

We need Vegas to beat Edmonton, Vancouver to get to the WCF, and Dallas to make the SCF.
Ah, did I fudge the seeding logic for the season? Easier than I thought. Got mislead by an online article. Cheers for the clarification 👍

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Arizona on 77 pts, noice f*** up by the Flames winning that game last Sunday.. The selfishness of some players pampering their individual stat is more important than seeing bigger picture and improve our draft chances. Of course it is, they get more monies if they reach certain milestones.. all about money as it has always been.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Arizona on 77 pts, noice f*** up by the Flames winning that game last Sunday.. The selfishness of some players pampering their individual stat is more important than seeing bigger picture and improve our draft chances. Of course it is, they get more monies if they reach certain milestones.. all about money as it has always been.
Money can't be used as an attack on both good and bad play by players. This is an absurd comment and I hope it was tongue-in-cheek.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Khrox

May 31, 2018
God forbid highly competitive players, try to win?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Only players on the team that are eligible for bonuses based on performance are the rookies this year I am pretty sure. So damn the kids for playing well?

Errol Swaghammer

Sep 1, 2011
The idea of highly competitive athletes purposefully tanking games is insulting. This is a wildly stupid idea, and I hope it's not meant genuinely. If the team is bad enough they will lose, there's no team in the league that has the actual players on the ice trying to lose.

Teams may have players take more time to recover from injuries etc. when they're season is essentially done. But the actual players who are out there? Actually madness to think they're not going to try and win every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad