Around the NHL - 2023/24 Season

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Posted same 2 threads below. I think at 25%- why not, assuming he clears.

Kuzmenko Kuznetsov Sharan

Nice pile of assets in 2025 if they play well!
That could be the worst defensive line in NHL history

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
f*** it why not?

He'd fit right in with this pack of hyenas.

Let’s go to playoffs.
I think so too, I think he's a better fit for us than Kuzmenko, mostly because he's a centerman. I'd jump all over a Kuz for Kuz deal is we got a pick or prospect for eating the extra 2.3m. Maybe with Rango and Huby, he could turn things around and get us a good return at the deadline.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
One game at a time....don't have to worry about Nashville right now. Who knows, they could followup with a 10 game losing streak!
Just beat the Krakken!

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Next 6 games is Seattle/Tampa/Florida/Carolina/Colorado/Vegas

Pretty much the stretch that’s going to make or break the season. The schedule is actually incredibly soft the rest of the way after those 6 games

It’d also be incredibly on brand to win 5 of those 6 then drop 4 in a row to like Zona and Anaheim and whoever though

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Pretty much the stretch that’s going to make or break the season. The schedule is actually incredibly soft the rest of the way after those 6 games

It’d also be incredibly on brand to win 5 of those 6 then drop 4 in a row to like Zona and Anaheim and whoever though
Once Hanifin is gone, we're f***ed.

We don't win more than 5 games the rest of the year once we start that next road trip

Reactions: InfinityIggy

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

Seen it play out that way too many times....:(

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Stankoven with 4 points tonight 2G/2A
God damnit

You know he’s a guy that flames scouts would have presumably seen play 100 times too. The fact he was even still on the board at our pick in the 2nd round is insane and they still went with Stromgren

Passing on Kucherov when they were apparently high on him is what immediately comes to mind but at least they got Gaudreau in that draft

Last edited:

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
And there are still arguments about betting on skill or size after the 1st. Interesting…

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You know he’s a guy that flames scouts would have presumably seen play 100 times too. The fact he was even still on the board at our pick in the 2nd round is insane and they still went with Stromgren

Passing on Kucherov when they were apparently high on him is what immediately comes to mind but at least they got Gaudreau in that draft
Except that being from the 2021 draft, they wouldn't have seen him 100s of times and they'd have done much of their scouting via video because of the circumstances around the world and even then viewings were extremely limited. I think literally every team in the NHL deserves a pass on the 2021 draft.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Tarasenko at full retention for a bag of pucks. Conroy has done well with his trades this season

Reactions: joescores

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Except that being from the 2021 draft, they wouldn't have seen him 100s of times and they'd have done much of their scouting via video because of the circumstances around the world and even then viewings were extremely limited. I think literally every team in the NHL deserves a pass on the 2021 draft.
Agree. If it'd been a "normal" year it's really unlikely guys like Stank or Johnston end up being available where they were because they would've been scouted much more heavily. You can see this in the inverse with some of the selections where it was really obvious the following year that those guys should not have been 1st round selections.

Reactions: Lunatik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad