Around the NHL - 2023/24 Season

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yeah on the Blazers with Zary. We really dropped the ball there

Could that draft have been Sutter influenced?

In earlier Sutter eras, he seemed to like going off the board for his second rounders and swinging wildly. Ramholt over Weber in 2003 for instance when the joke was always that we only scouted the WHL.

Man... Weber and Phaneuf AND Regehr would have been sick.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I am intrigued to know where will the likes of Kuznetsov, Gagner, RyJo (first 2 already cleared waiver) end up after the 8th..

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I do not understand the Mittlestadt for Byram trade from a Buffalo POV at all
Young defeseman with a ton of potential for a guy that may be a 3C in Buffalo, makes sense to me, dealing from a strength to address weakness.

I am intrigued to know where will the likes of Kuznetsov, Gagner, RyJo (first 2 already cleared waiver) end up after the 8th..
I'm guessing Hershey, Bakersfield & Lehigh Valley

• Wow
Reactions: joescores

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
With all D men coming in, is it possible that the Andersson rumour comes to a fruition? 🤔

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
There is no Andersson rumor.

The closest was hearing teams were asking about him
With some teams asking about Andersson in the recent past, is it possible, with so many D men coming back, that this comes to a fruition?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
With some teams asking about Andersson in the recent past, is it possible, with so many D men coming back, that this comes to a fruition?

If we are involved with so many different D in such a short period of time, other teams are going to start calling us grindr.

Desimone
Zadorov
Bruz
Jurmo
Tanev
Gru
Pachal
Hanley
Hanifin
Miro

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No. If any even become top 4 defensemen it'd be a huge win.

Even with this trade and claiming we're one injury or illness from dressing Oesterle or Gilbert again. Just like before moving Tanev and Hanifin.

Grushnikov is the only acquired defenseman impacting the AHL right now, and we still have Pysyk playing regularly.l with Solo out.

Bruiser and Jurmo are still unsigned and many think the former will be the only one of them signed... And even if they are both signed, we have Pysyk and Poolman as pending UFAs

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Young defeseman with a ton of potential for a guy that may be a 3C in Buffalo, makes sense to me, dealing from a strength to address weakness.

I'm guessing Hershey, Bakersfield & Lehigh Valley

I’d say LHD is almost their strongest organizational position. Dahlin/Power/Samuelsson and Johnson are all LD and only Dahlin so far has showed the ability to play the right

Byram has a mess of potential for sure I thought he was unreal on their cup run but since then he’s been pretty bad, this year especially. Major injury concerns too

But good on Buffalo for making a change when things aren’t working I suppose

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Nobody plays more bottom feeders than Edmonton from now till the end of March.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
If there is a team that could potentially fall off from top 8, it's Kings. We better be beating these.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
If you hold it upside down while squinting... Do you see a luchador?
Kind of yeah.

Which brings me to my next point. I'm digging how HFlames has had a lot of wrestling references recently. I only got back into it like 2.5 years ago thanks to my friend sending me a bunch of AEW clips of Orange Cassidy/Best Friends and now I'm fully on board.

• Haha
Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Kind of yeah.

Which brings me to my next point. I'm digging how HFlames has had a lot of wrestling references recently. I only got back into it like 2.5 years ago thanks to my friend sending me a bunch of AEW clips of Orange Cassidy/Best Friends and now I'm fully on board.
Some of use have made them for a while.

When we traded for Lindholm, I went with the whole Walk with Elias schtick.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Some of use have made them for a while.

When we traded for Lindholm, I went with the whole Walk with Elias schtick.
I remember that, but didn't really get it much at first (heavily because I hadn't got back into wrestling at that point, combined with outside of a few storylines, I don't really follow WWE stuff too much).

Either way, still here for it

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I remember that, but didn't really get it much at first (heavily because I hadn't got back into wrestling at that point, combined with outside of a few storylines, I don't really follow WWE stuff too much).

Either way, still here for it
I'm all WWE and don't follow AEW, just couldn't get into it. But I love a few guys like Miro and Malakai Black... really hope they come back to WWE like Andrade has.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
So, uh…should we be worried about Edmonton making a deep run this year? They’ve been dominating since December.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
So, uh…should we be worried about Edmonton making a deep run this year? They’ve been dominating since December.
Not overly. They’ve been dominating poor teams. As of last Thursday:

Oilers vs top 5 teams: 4-6-1
Oilers vs teams ranked 6th - 10th: 3-3-2
Oilers vs teams ranked 11th - 15th: 7-6-1
Oilers vs teams ranked 16th -27th: 21-6-1
Oilers vs bottom 5 teams: 10-2-0

That’s 14-15-4 against playoff teams, 31-8-1 against non-playoff teams.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Hanifin, signs farther from home, players should stick to “no comment” so don’t look like a douche bag

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Was hoping he’d walk considering that ‘26 1st.

At least that F core is old as dust.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Predators played their last game of the season and lost to the Pens. If I am not mistaken, if Vegas wins their last 2 games, they will not face Vancouver in the first round (Predators will) which improves chances getting those conditions on advanced picks for Lindholm and Hanifin.

Vegas needs to win 1st round for getting extra 2nd in 2025 instead of 3rd (Hanifin), Canucks needs to advance to conference final for their extra 4th rd pick in 2024 becoming 3d (Lindholm).

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Predators played their last game of the season and lost to the Pens. If I am not mistaken, if Vegas wins their last 2 games, they will not face Vancouver in the first round (Predators will) which improves chances getting those conditions on advanced picks for Lindholm and Hanifin.

Vegas needs to win 1st round for getting extra 2nd in 2025 instead of 3rd (Hanifin), Canucks needs to advance to conference final for their extra 4th rd pick in 2024 becoming 3d (Lindholm).

Vegas just needs to pass LA. Vegas is 1 point back, but has a game in hand. Two games left for them vs 1 for LA. I believe LA has the tiebreakers though.

We need Vegas to beat Edmonton, Vancouver to get to the WCF, and Dallas to make the SCF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad