Around the NHL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
and the damn ticker! I might be a minority on this, but as someone that watches numerous other games on delay, a constant ticker is the devil.
Oh yes- don't get me started on the ticker. I hate them with an absolute passion, and pretty much everyone has one now. In today's age there is no reason to constantly run scores on the bottom of the screen.

I am constantly trying to cover up the bottom of the screen with a blanket over my knees etc to keep from seeing a score I DO NOT want to see. Can't tell you how often it happens that the one time I look down at it is the exact moment the score I don't want to see is on the screen- LOL

I would literally pay money to have the option to turn all score tickers off.

Reactions: Predsanddead24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
In today's age there is no reason to constantly run scores on the bottom of the screen.
Exactly. It totally made sense prior to everyone having smart phones, but if I want to know a score it is so easy to find now. At the very least I'd accept a compromise of just showing the scores of the sport I'm watching.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Exactly. It totally made sense prior to everyone having smart phones, but if I want to know a score it is so easy to find now. At the very least I'd accept a compromise of just showing the scores of the sport I'm watching.
One of the great things with ESPN+'s coverage (for many of their sports) is they don't put one up there at all--I get through the entire Bundesliga match day each week without ever hearing about other scores (except when the coverage gives an update post half-time). I'd assume Bally's, in particular, does it for gambling reasons.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I really hope eventually it leads the NHL just moving everything to one platform so you don't need 3 or 4 different things just to see all the games.
Didn't NHL TV do that? Just need to get a VPN into Whitehorse and you can watch all the games until you melt into the sofa.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Didn't NHL TV do that? Just need to get a VPN into Whitehorse and you can watch all the games until you melt into the sofa.
I gotta be careful with a VPN as I have software for specific things that if it catches it will get me in trouble. Can't really go into more detail than that.

Ok after seeing these Dallas sweaters I can't complain about anything the Preds have had.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Unfortunately no. WIlly and Mace are basically Preds employees
If they have Hal Gill as the third man, I can live with it. Willy definitely isn’t the worst play by play guy in the league and Gil and Mace actually have decent conversations about the play on the ice. Rowley on the other hand annoys the crap out of me. Responding to Gill or even Crispy when he was on with “I love it” and “Definitely” makes my skin crawl, and I believe those are the only two responses I’ve ever heard from her. Give me someone like Alison Lukan all day every day. She adds a ton of excellent content to her broadcast and understands how to incorporate meaningful analytics into the conversation. Willy’s use of advanced analytics is baffling more than anything. The stats he chooses to use have zero meaningful value to the conversation but I blame the guys he uses to get the analytics data from, they’re clowns too.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I gotta be careful with a VPN as I have software for specific things that if it catches it will get me in trouble. Can't really go into more detail than that.

Ok after seeing these Dallas sweaters I can't complain about anything the Preds have had.
Wasn't recommending the VPN ... I was able to watch all the games with NHL TV back when it was offered in the USA. Too bad COVID killed it. :(

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Wasn’t the ESPN deal what killed NHL.tv? ESPN+ is essentially what NHL.tv was with all out of market games that aren’t being nationally televised.

Reactions: Viqsi

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wasn’t the ESPN deal what killed NHL.tv? ESPN+ is essentially what NHL.tv was with all out of market games that aren’t being nationally televised.
Mostly but if you get rid of the regional network crap then you also remove the silly blackout restrictions. Most people want to see their local team, which seriously devalues the package no matter who has it.

I have resorted listening to the games because I refuse to pay 70-80 bucks a month just to watch the Preds games. My wife and I aren't big tv watchers otherwise.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Mostly but if you get rid of the regional network crap then you also remove the silly blackout restrictions. Most people want to see their local team, which seriously devalues the package no matter who has it.

I have resorted listening to the games because I refuse to pay 70-80 bucks a month just to watch the Preds games. My wife and I aren't big tv watchers otherwise.
Do you go to the home games?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Do you go to the home games?
It's been a couple of years, just can't afford it anymore. Between price hikes on tickets, and parking, plus the drive from Shelbyville to Nashville hasn't gotten any easier. I've gone through a facility shut down, and a more recent layoff in the last 5 years.

In the years prior to the cup run I used to go several times a year, was even a season ticket holder back in the early years ( had them when we made the playoffs for the first two times ).

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Horvat to Islanders for 1st, Raty, Beauvillier.
Glad Poile didn't get him. We need to keep our 1st. Raty has come along nicely, I don't suppose he's quite equivalent to Tomasino yet, but not too far back. Something on the order of one of our better forward prospects anyway. And then Beauvillier is contractually closer to Niedereitter, maybe a bit like a Granlund, either way it's a package that would have been awful for us to have been contemplating. And that's before we see the contract. I don't think the Isles can pay out that trade and not make a significant effort to sign him. But Horvat re-signed to anything like an 8x$8M contract would just make things even worse. Thank you Lou for saving us! :thumbu:

Reactions: Myopinionsarewrong
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad