Around the NHL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I agree, but knowing when to take a step back is also an important part of building the team especially long-term.
Yeah but the Blues this year are much like we were when we ended up with the 4OA and got Jones. A team that wasnt really that bad had a lot of devastating injuries and bottomed out completely. It wasnt a true tank because we were right back in the thick of things the next year

Reactions: cool beans

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
It was nice to see Colorado get their ass kicked tonight.

Also on the broadcast they were taking about Scotty Bowman and said he's 89 years old!
I knew he had to be up there, but didn't realize he was that far up there! :amazed:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
It was nice to see Colorado get their ass kicked tonight.

Also on the broadcast they were taking about Scotty Bowman and said he's 89 years old!
I knew he had to be up there, but didn't realize he was that far up there! :amazed:

He's been coaching since the Montreal Dynasty.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
well guys i just checked:

Filip Forsberg our franchise LW’er is 80th in the league in pts …so essentially our best player produces at the level of a low end 2nd Liner from a league comparison perspective

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
well guys i just checked:

Filip Forsberg our franchise LW’er is 80th in the league in pts …so essentially our best player produces at the level of a low end 2nd Liner from a league comparison perspective
You realize each team has three first liners so him being 80th would be a low end first liner right? We definitely need more from him if we’re going to be contenders but you’re really struggling with the math on these comparisons lately.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
You realize each team has three first liners so him being 80th would be a low end first liner right? We definitely need more from him if we’re going to be contenders but you’re really struggling with the math on these comparisons lately.
Also when you take out dmen he's 74th in points. Hes 67th in points per game for forwards with > 40 games played and Duchene is 77th. We have a pair of 1st line wings. Not particularly high end but they are there. What we dont have is a true 1C. Glass has my attention and i hope he continues to develop but he isnt a 1C at this moment.

What i find startling is the difference between #32 in PPG vs where Forsberg is at Mika Z. 1.04 PPG vs Forsberg 0.86. Thats a 15 point difference over a season. But it levels off real quick after the top 40 or so

Last edited:
Reactions: Flgatorguy87

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We win and then every team fighting for the wildcard spot wins too..... i hope whoever we recall from Milwaukee is ready with the next man up mentality because otherwise a forsberg injury could be it for us

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We win and then every team fighting for the wildcard spot wins too..... i hope whoever we recall from Milwaukee is ready with the next man up mentality because otherwise a forsberg injury could be it for us
I would not necessarily be averse to using our "callup" on picking up a reclamation shot in the dark on Puljujarvi or Kravstov. If those two are to be dumped by their contending teams to make room for others, and are suitably cheap to acquire, anyway.

Puljujarvi is supposedly likely to be "free" on waivers. So in his case you just have the Cap, but we have like $5.8M in pro-rated Cap space now. Kravstov is just $875k, so always addable, although perhaps he is perceived as having not yet fully exhausted his potential, so may have some small sticker price attached as opposed to being on waivers.

Of course, I don't see Poile going for a "reclamation" dice roll when we're ostensibly in a playoff race. But it would certainly recoup some of the lost face on Tolvanen if we somehow did manage to turn one of them around. (Hynes is obviously just the coach to pull it off! :sarcasm:)

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I would not necessarily be averse to using our "callup" on picking up a reclamation shot in the dark on Puljujarvi or Kravstov. If those two are to be dumped by their contending teams to make room for others, and are suitably cheap to acquire, anyway.

Puljujarvi is supposedly likely to be "free" on waivers. So in his case you just have the Cap, but we have like $5.8M in pro-rated Cap space now. Kravstov is just $875k, so always addable, although perhaps he is perceived as having not yet fully exhausted his potential, so may have some small sticker price attached as opposed to being on waivers.

Of course, I don't see Poile going for a "reclamation" dice roll when we're ostensibly in a playoff race. But it would certainly recoup some of the lost face on Tolvanen if we somehow did manage to turn one of them around. (Hynes is obviously just the coach to pull it off! :sarcasm:)
Hadnt even thought bout that but id be fine with picking up poolparty for free. Could still do a callup and push jankowski and smith out the lineup. Poolparty is pretty decent defensively and would cover some of that in the bottom 6 and then tomasino or Evangalista for the top 6

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If LA is going all in getting Chychrun and Vejmelka… wow, that’s gutsy for them!

But shoddy goaltending and D were exactly why I was thinking they might become a candidate to drop back and be a team we might try to overtake for a wildcard spot.

Silver lining: we play Arizona tomorrow. :dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If LA is going all in getting Chychrun and Vejmelka… wow, that’s gutsy for them!

But shoddy goaltending and D were exactly why I was thinking they might become a candidate to drop back and be a team we might try to overtake for a wildcard spot.

Silver lining: we play Arizona tomorrow. :dunno:
I know vejmelka is on a bad team but nothing bout his numbers really stick out. My guess is quick goes to arizona for cap purposes but i imagine the return for arizona will be massive

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I know vejmelka is on a bad team but nothing bout his numbers really stick out. My guess is quick goes to arizona for cap purposes but i imagine the return for arizona will be massive
I think Quick is an LA legend, so it would be Cal Peterson instead.

I dunno about Vejmelka, he gets rave reviews, but I haven't watched him close enough. I suspect it's difficult to have good-looking numbers on Arizona. But who knows. Funny that we threw him on the scrap heap though, either way.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

I dunno about Vejmelka, he gets rave reviews, but I haven't watched him close enough. I suspect it's difficult to have good-looking numbers on Arizona. But who knows. Funny that we threw him on the scrap heap though, either way.
If peterson goes the otherway, itll cost a fortune. 5M x 2 years for a goalie banished to the ahl

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If peterson goes the otherway, itll cost a fortune. 5M x 2 years for a goalie banished to the ahl
.... Unless you are Arizona and want to win every draft lottery in perpetuity, plus need to meet the Cap Floor...

Well, it would still cost a lot. But the thinking is that Brandt Clarke was off the table until/unless Arizona was willing to go there.

Although it sounds more now like it was all just a Nick Kypreos fever dream, I guess. :dunno:

Reactions: herzausstein

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019

Maybe Vejjie has gotten a ton better, but he was sort of robotic in goal last year. Maybe the game has slowed down for him? I thought Ingram would take his job.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well after the yotes game, i really do question how vejmelka could do on a good team.
Now that they are scratching Chychrun and Gostisbehere for trades, their D is: JJ Moser, Patrik Nemeth, Juuso Valimaki, Josh Brown, Troy Stecher, and Victor Soderstrom. Win a 1-0 game against Tampa with that D making a combined salary less than Josi alone. :facepalm:

Reactions: Byrddog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany