Series Talk: Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Conference Final

Who will play for the Stanley Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
In the last thread I mentioned that Washington might be a very different team now that the 2000 pound gorilla is off their back. Looks like it so far. Long series though and Tampa should wake up soon.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Lol “could have been 1-1”

Yesh if you were allowed to have 6 skaters whenever you feel like it it could have been

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
The Rangers having another first round pick will help their rebuilding efforts.

An improved rebuilding effort will make me happier.

A happier me is a better father, husband, and neighbor.

A better father, husband, and neighbor contributes to the quality of life enjoyed by my community.

A better community fosters productive people and fosters progress.

Progress contributes to the betterment of mankind.

I want Tampa Bay to win. Mankind depends on it.

Just don't wake up in a road side ditch. Get rid of cable and upgrade to Direct TV. :D

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The Bolts have been so underwhelming for a team that’s absolutely stacked. They look like they’re dogging it

rangerfan_79

Jun 1, 2007
justanfyi.com
Reminding me of the 1st game in the bruins/bolts series. Almost like the lightning have to feel the team out and make adjustments for the rest of the series. I have no confidence the caps can win 4 games this series.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Reminding me of the 1st game in the bruins/bolts series. Almost like the lightning have to feel the team out and make adjustments for the rest of the series. I have no confidence the caps can win 4 games this series.

With the way this is going they won’t need to win 4 as they will be gifted 1. Only need 3.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Just don't wake up in a road side ditch. Get rid of cable and upgrade to Direct TV. :D

Ugh, I prefer DirecTv to Comcast. Unfortunately, the former doesn’t bundle with the better high speed internet out here in my lil ol small town.

Not that it really matters - I don’t watch TV outside of Ducktales with the kiddos.

Everything else is streaming.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The Flower is jettisoned from a championship team to an expansion franchise. The Flower is still playing while the team that got rid of him is sitting at home.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Ugh, I prefer DirecTv to Comcast. Unfortunately, the former doesn’t bundle with the better high speed internet out here in my lil ol small town.

Not that it really matters - I don’t watch TV outside of Ducktales with the kiddos.

Everything else is streaming.

I was referencing those pretty clever DTV commercials about all the bad things that happen when you don't have Direct TV. Your post sounded just like one of those. My joke was probably just too damn obscure. :(

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
There's certainly a trend. The Bruins and caps had momentum and fairly recent hockey. The Bolts don't seem to respond well to the breaks. Takes them a game, and some adversity, to get going. We'll see how the next game goes to have a feel for the series.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I know I should want Tampa to win because it benefits the Rangers but I just find myself rooting for the Caps. I don't know what it is but I just hate the Lightning more. Even if they didn't have half our players.

I can't root for either of these teams unless they face Pittsburgh.

I'm not rooting for Washington per se, but I'm kind of rooting against TB. Logically I should be rooting for TB, but the heart feels what the heart feels. If TB wins it all, fine, thanks for the first rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad