Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I don't want the Caps to win.

Very fond of the Jets team from top to bottom. The kind of squad building we should be seeking to replicate. They're going to be a powerhouse for the next half decade.

I don’t think the majority of Rangers fans and the few media members covering this team have the patience to build a team like Winnipeg’s in New York.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I don’t think the majority of Rangers fans and the few media members covering this team have the patience to build a team like Winnipeg’s in New York.
That’s why we’re trading Mika, one of our only two NHL centers, and signing Tavares:sarcasm:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't want the Caps to win.

Very fond of the Jets team from top to bottom. The kind of squad building we should be seeking to replicate. They're going to be a powerhouse for the next half decade.

Washington wins: Ovechkin gets his cup
Tampa wins: We get our 1st rounder
Winnipeg wins: Canadian team lifting the cup, first time for Winnipeg after losing their franchise
Vegas wins: Cinderella story of a new franchise

Either way, I'm going to enjoy this

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Probably not to the extent Winnipeg did your probably right. They were garbage for a long time. Would it be possible to have a legit "rebuild" in 4 years time (Starting with 2017 draft)? Not sure but I would be ok "suffering" for two more years. Of course lots of ifs Especially the hope that Shestyorkin takes over Hank without any major bumps.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
The Lundqvist contract has 3 years left, if it were me I'd be using all the years in between to come up with a group of skaters that had a chance to be among the leagues best right as that contract ended. I'd think they would have some up and coming goalie in their system by that point if they do not already.

That way even if the next goalie was lesser I'd still give myself a pretty good chance to be able to compete with just about any team in the league and for a pretty long window.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Winnipeg wins: Canadian team lifting the cup, first time for Winnipeg after losing their franchise

Ovechkin will win his cup with us after he signs in the summer of 2021.

Reactions: Bozle

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I'm all-in on getting another first.

My motivations are purely self-serving. I own it.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It wasn't patience. It was doing nothing and getting a franchise player like Laine. They were content on sucking until enough picks hit that they would be good. Cheveldayoff didn't have the stones to make a big trade.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I should want TB to win it but I f***ing hate that team after that ECF, so I'm supporting Vegas in this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyrage

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
It wasn't patience. It was doing nothing and getting a franchise player like Laine. They were content on sucking until enough picks hit that they would be good. Cheveldayoff didn't have the stones to make a big trade.
Scheifele and Wheeler becoming top players was even more crucial than getting Laine. They affect the game in more ways.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Your motivations for choosing a rooting interest in the Stanley Cup Playoffs should involve the betterment of mankind.

The Rangers having another first round pick will help their rebuilding efforts.

An improved rebuilding effort will make me happier.

A happier me is a better father, husband, and neighbor.

A better father, husband, and neighbor contributes to the quality of life enjoyed by my community.

A better community fosters productive people and fosters progress.

Progress contributes to the betterment of mankind.

I want Tampa Bay to win. Mankind depends on it.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The Rangers having another first round pick will help their rebuilding efforts.

An improved rebuilding effort will make me happier.

A happier me is a better father, husband, and neighbor.

A better father, husband, and neighbor contributes to the quality of life enjoyed by my community.

A better community fosters productive people and fosters progress.

Progress contributes to the betterment of mankind.

I want Tampa Bay to win. Mankind depends on it.

That is a very sensible and mature way to approach these playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad