• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The first year expansion Vegas Knights are looking to sweep the Kings after that first year expansion team won their division. Such a F'ing joke. Never in the history of professional team sports has a first year expansion team had so much success. It bothers me so much. Pay the NHL 500 million and anything can happen. I still can't believe so many of you are ok with it. I think they should suffer just like every other expansion in team in history and then build thru the draft, trades, and UFA signings over time just like everybody else.

Were there no expansion drafts for other expansion teams?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, because it's so much better for new markets to have to suffer and possibly completely fail just so the league can have some sort if "right of passage to be a real team"

Uh huh. Sure.

No. Stop.

The expansion draft was perfectly fine. What ended up happening was a few idiot GMs got screwed six ways from Sunday. And they screwed up bigly. None of that is the fault of Bettman or the NHL.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The NHL didn’t force several GMs to make horrendous exposures and trades.
Sounds about right. I guess as a fan of the Rangers more than the NHL, I'm a bit upset over it that they capitalized so easily on the stupidity of NHL management. Where it took us so long to build a division winning team.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Yeah! When is our turn to get traded an elite player?

Not quite elite but I am folding my hands waiting for Chia let Klefbom go for a half solved Sudoku puzzle.

Florida getting rid of Gallant has both the Panarin and Hall deals beat. Gallant now taking VGK deep most likely

LOL didn't even think of that. Gotta double down on my earlier post. RIP Florida.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The NHL didn’t force several GMs to make horrendous exposures and trades.

But they forced all NHL teams to expose some quality players and make some very difficult personnel decisions. I remember last summer we weren't sure if fast, Lindbergh, or Grabner would be exposed. The rules were very different for expansion teams in the past. Like I said, 500 million goes a long way to putting a very competitive team on the ice right from the get go.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
At least they make it a series. Probably more fun to see them lose in a game 6 or 7 overtime lol

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
The first year expansion Vegas Knights are looking to sweep the Kings after that first year expansion team won their division. Such a F'ing joke. Never in the history of professional team sports has a first year expansion team had so much success. It bothers me so much. Pay the NHL 500 million and anything can happen. I still can't believe so many of you are ok with it. I think they should suffer just like every other expansion in team in history and then build thru the draft, trades, and UFA signings over time just like everybody else.

Pretty sure they did build through the draft, trades and UFAs signings...

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad