Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Green actually made a ton of awesome defensive plays in that game vs the metro. I hope Cooper was watching.
He made a bunch of great defensive plays in both games and had the 2 goals. Better than I thought he'd look, it was good to see.

Reactions: TheMule93

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
2nd time now, when Guy Boucher's project will collapse on the next season after a half-success.
Honestly in each case I think blaming Boucher is pretty unfair. Both times he took a bad team a lot further than they should have gone and then gets blamed when they return to being what they are the next year... Bad.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That's right Cooper. Think how awesome Green would be if you coached him for the rest of the season. At least 1st round pick awesome.

Would be funny if that costs Tampa the first

I’ll give a second for green

Well that sounds good and all Stevie but your employee, cooper. Said greeners play was about good coaching, and He was over ppg in those all star games so I’m gonna need the first round pick

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Watching the lightning vs flames, Tampa has Gourde, Peca, Johnson and Conacher in the lineup tonight. All of them are 5'9". Yzerman loves his hardworking, speedy small guys. Their defense is huge though.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Smith was a major bust in comparison to what he was projected to do. What a shame.

Bullet dodged by the Wings on that contract. Whew. Although, less comforting they tried to sign him before the trade.

I feel like at this point it's safe to say Smith is kind of a bonehead player and his major issues are between the ears. It's why you see such wild swings between him looking decent to absolutely terrible. That's mental, not physical.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Bullet dodged by the Wings on that contract. Whew. Although, less comforting they tried to sign him before the trade.

I feel like at this point it's safe to say Smith is kind of a bonehead player and his major issues are between the ears. It's why you see such wild swings between him looking decent to absolutely terrible. That's mental, not physical.

Big reason of what makes a GM really good is being able to identify when you've seen enough and let them go instead of being scared they might turn into something you hope they can be.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Big reason of what makes a GM really good is being able to identify when you've seen enough and let them go instead of being scared they might turn into something you hope they can be.

You mean not being insanely risk averse? What does that even look like?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not winning cups, drafting poorly, then asking for fans to understand when they want to get worse instead of better? Gotta love taking risks..

Ah yes, time to tear them down to make yourself feel better about your own failed team. This is the new hallmark of the true Wings fan. We used to have our own success as an accomplishment, but now we look to the failure of others as a way prop ourselves up.

Since the Wings last trip to the Cup Finals in 2009, the Wings have won exactly 3 playoff series and a total of 25 playoff games. They haven't moved beyond the 2nd round.

In that same time frame, the Rangers have won 9 playoff series and a total of 47 games. They've been to the Cup Finals in 2014, and the Conference finals in 2012 and 2015.

But sure, what a failure the Rangers are. Nothing like the exemplar of success the Wings have been for the last decade.

Reactions: Winger98

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ah yes, time to tear them down to make yourself feel better about your own failed team. This is the new hallmark of the true Wings fan. We used to have our own success as an accomplishment, but now we look to the failure of others as a way prop ourselves up.

Since the Wings last trip to the Cup Finals in 2009, the Wings have won exactly 3 playoff series and a total of 25 playoff games. They haven't moved beyond the 2nd round.

In that same time frame, the Rangers have won 9 playoff series and a total of 47 games. They've been to the Cup Finals in 2014, and the Conference finals in 2012 and 2015.

But sure, what a failure the Rangers are. Nothing like the exemplar of success the Wings have been for the last decade.

Yeah, and not sure why we are throwing shade at their drafting either.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
You make the decisions before the lack of decisions make you.
Decisions like: Trading a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Smith, signing Smith to a 4 year deal, and waiving Smith?

Somehow I don't think you guys would be praising Holland for wheeling and dealing when those are the resulting moves.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
i envy rangers fans

wish our Pejorative Slured organization would get the memo and move in the right direction for once. Guarantee that the rangers will be rebuilt and contending waaay before us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad