Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
At least this essentially takes them out of the city and back on Long Island. Or is Belmont Park in Queens? I know it's right on the border. Regardless, I doubt anyone really considers it NYC.

Also, this likely means that NYC FC will NOT be moving to Belmont and will likely be building their arena in the Bronx or the Willets Point area. Great news for soccer fans in the city like me who take the subway to games :D
By the racetrack. So Elmont, which is Nassau. And yeah, it's right across the highway from Queen's Village.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

darko

Feb 16, 2009
At least this essentially takes them out of the city and back on Long Island. Or is Belmont Park in Queens? I know it's right on the border. Regardless, I doubt anyone really considers it NYC.

Also, this likely means that NYC FC will NOT be moving to Belmont and will likely be building their arena in the Bronx or the Willets Point area. Great news for soccer fans in the city like me who take the subway to games :D

Red Bulls >>>>>> City FC

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hopefully they get that team in Seattle, even out the conferences and consider eight divisions of four. I know not everyone would like that but I think it would work well.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Matt Tkachuk finally got what he was asking for; a suspension.
He has this weird little tic where he spears guys (however innocent) and seems to have thought it was okay.
One game. Pretty minimum, but as Mike Babcock said "That's junior hockey stuff. He'll learn over time. He played hard. No reason for that stuff,".
Tkachuk is a good player. He is very competitive, but he should learn to use his head.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Man I didn't realize Hagelin is having such a tough year. 4 points in almost 30 games. On a pretty offensive minded team.
Still he will probably score a few more finals goals en route to another championship.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Matt Tkachuk finally got what he was asking for; a suspension.
He has this weird little tic where he spears guys (however innocent) and seems to have thought it was okay.
One game. Pretty minimum, but as Mike Babcock said "That's junior hockey stuff. He'll learn over time. He played hard. No reason for that stuff,".
Tkachuk is a good player. He is very competitive, but he should learn to use his head.
Wait util he spears guys like Crosby/Malkin. The league will give him 20 to 50 games then. It's okay as long as he doesn't spear the big stars.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
That was some weaksauce defense from Ottawa.

How long before those rumors of "this might be AV's last game" become "this might be Boucher's last game"? The leash can't be long for him and his scar. Playing the style they play and not getting results and sinking to the bottom of the conference like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad