Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I saw that and that's immediately what I thought too... Why is he comparing Eichel to Price's current contract (a GOALTENDER) or Crosby (who was signed in 2012-13 and the contract didn't take effect till 2013-14)? That's just stupid comparables

Well, it's Larry Brooks. That's the easiest explanation I can come up with. Apparently it isn't relevant that the cap has gone up. And I would never compare a 3rd to a 2nd contract. Compare Eichel's new deal to Crosby's 2nd contract. The one he signed coming off his ELC and see how much of the cap that took up.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Sabres are looking pretty bad again. This is the year people should start to question their rebuild and stock of players if not already. They should be pretty concerned in my opinion. They can't get anything going.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
So hard for me to answer that @SnowblindNYR - what I know since I sometimes listen to John Tortorella interviews that Bluejackets moved Brandon Saad for Artemi Panarin. And Hawks picked up Andreas Martinsen on waivers from Canadians, but he is on their minor/farm team. So not updated about Hawks, but I`ve a notion they underperformed last season. :)

Leafs just scored another 4th line goal - so this game is not over 2-1. ))

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’ll tell you I don’t see the Tampa hype at all. They have zero depth below their first line. They’ve got an awful defense with Dan Girardi on their first pair and vasilevsky is a maybe in net.

Johnson Callahan palat killorn all very average at this point and I couldn’t name a guy under them.

I bet they miss playoffs again.

Montreal I think misses easily.

Buffalo horrible

Devils Isles flyers will all miss

Leaves Toronto Pitt Washington Rangers Columbus Carolina Ottawa Boston in that order for me

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
They will call penalty if the player only touch their hands with their stick now.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Hawks have done a great job with drafting, UFA signings, etc.

Hartman, Schmaltz, Debrincat, Hinostroza (when healthy) all really good. Strong contributions from UFAs like Kempny, Hayden, Rutta (thus far) and Panik.

Smart swapping Panarin for Saad based on pending pay day and savvy to get Murphy in the Hjalmarsson trade. Still relatively young, defensive D it was hard for him to get noticed on a bad PHX team but he's quite good.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How is Girardi doing for TB?

They complained a lot before the season because of our fans, but have seemed to like his play in preseason and the regular season so far.

Most of their complaining in regards to their defense is about Sustr and Dotchin. Kookekekekrjrkr and Sergachyov after that, although Sergachyov is young so he gets out of the big criticism. They seem to think he's doing well for the role he's playing, very few negative comments I've seen.

@Nick of Time watches their games though, he probably knows better.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Tampa just scored 3-3 in that game - great comeback from 3-1 earlier, Nikita Kucherov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad