Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Montreal has zero offense and STL was exhausted. Scored two goals early (as always) and called it a night. The chances in this game mirror Toronto and we know how that went. These two goalies are vastly superior as are most at this point. Sorry man but it is what it is.

We blame our D for everything forgetting that grade A chances happen and good goalies stop them often.

Losing that Ottawa series should have sealed it for many. Even average goaltending and we win that series.

The whole season his numbers were some of the worst in the league for a starter. I see no difference to start this season. 3 of the 4 games we’ve outchanced the opposition badly and their goalies were much better than ours

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Reactions: Revel

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I forgot that Hudler had 31 goals and 76 pts only three seasons ago. He was traded midway through the next season for a 2nd and 4th round pick... seems really low value for that level of scoring. Obviously a talented guy, I wonder why he didn't have a contract for this season?

The reason I looked him up is because of what you mentioned...his 76pt season; and also that 35 in 53 the following season (a 54pt pace over 82 games). He is not far removed from that productivity at all. I figured with our lack of Top 9 depth, and the fact that no one signed him...that he would be a great pick-up for 1.0 to 1.5 mil for the season.

This article was the top result on Bing. :loony:

I guess we know why he wasn't signed. Dude has issues. Too bad.

Reactions: Krams

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Ray Shero has the Devils on the right track. They’re a much better team with the additions of Hischier and Johansson. Butcher has given them a boost on D. Zacha needs to take the next step.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Johansson was such a good trade for the devils.

Why the Rangers couldn't swing that is beyond me...

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
everything is going right for the Devils right now, and nothing is going right for the Rangers at the moment. Things will even out as the season wears on, the Devils are not a better team.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I'd still like to see Hudler or Parenteau get PTO and a shot in the top 9. On another note watching the last few Philly games I think by the end of the season if Weal keeps getting the minutes he's been getting he'll be a really solid top 9 player. Nice trade on their part. He's one of those examples of talented players getting stuck on the depth chart from being on a really deep, talented squad (Kings).

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Penguins tanking for Rasnus Dahlin, but we can`t let them get him! :D

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can someone explain to me Jesper Bratt? He's killing it for the Devils as what a 6th round pick in 2016? I get that sometimes players are diamonds in the rough but a 6th round a year after he was drafted?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Alex Nunn called Jesper Bratt being a good player from a mile away. He saw a lot of him with AIK watching Kovacs

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
The NHL is so bass ackwards right now.

At least one of these teams playing well is going to come crashing down to earth. (looking at you VGK/Avs/Devils)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not even NHL news, but I saw Ethan Werek signed a PTO with Belleville. Kid can't even get a regular AHL SPC. And to think we acquired Oscar Lindberg for him...

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Ray Shero has the Devils on the right track. They’re a much better team with the additions of Hischier and Johansson. Butcher has given them a boost on D. Zacha needs to take the next step.

They really have done a good job so far and kind of quietly too. They're a few pieces away, one of the biggest being another high end Dman, but I think with their potential depth at C they should seriously consider using Zacha or McLeod as bait for an equal D prospect. Maybe even Henrique if they can find a current young Dman in the chel with some serious upside. I'm curious with Nashville's depth at D if they'd do some kind of package with Girard or Fabbro for Zacha or McLeod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad