Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
how is them making the playoffs when we have their 2nd round pick a good thing?
The 2nd pick is not too important how late it`s to be honest, but it`s crucial for us to join the lottery for Rasmus, and if u are in the lottery race u have a small % chance to get him to NYR.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It's kind of a bummer that the Islanders are likely to get a better player with the pick they got for Hamonic then we got for McDonagh.

Obviously the quantity is there but I was really hoping we would come away with a franchise changing return for Mac.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It's kind of a bummer that the Islanders are likely to get a better player with the pick they got for Hamonic then we got for McDonagh.

Obviously the quantity is there but I was really hoping we would come away with a franchise changing return for Mac.

I think if he were a year younger, and had one or two more years beyond his current deal, the return would’ve been higher. But it is what it is.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

There's no way to know this, and if the Islanders could draft, they wouldn't suck for 11 years.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I think if he were a year younger, and had one or two more years beyond his current deal, the return would’ve been higher. But it is what it is.

I'm undecided if the Flames just made an abysmal trade and the value we got for McDonagh was just the value for McDonagh or if it's the other way around

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That franchise is a disaster. Makes us look competent.

One of the great mistakes was not trading Tavares at the deadline. If I'm the GM that's the only way to take control of the situation. Instead now I'm at his mercy from here on out, not as a seller accumulating assets to jumpstart the post-Tavares era nor as a buyer gearing up to make one last run with Tavares while he is on the biggest bargain contract in the league.

Playing the waiting game and stuck in neutral while he continues his indecisiveness. News flash if he hasn't signed by now he's gone.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
One of the great mistakes was not trading Tavares at the deadline. If I'm the GM that's the only way to take control of the situation. Instead now I'm at his mercy from here on out, not as a seller accumulating assets to jumpstart the post-Tavares era nor as a buyer gearing up to make one last run with Tavares while he is on the biggest bargain contract in the league.

Playing the waiting game and stuck in neutral while he continues his indecisiveness. News flash if he hasn't signed by now he's gone.
No chance he stays with that tire fire. I think he would go to Toronto and take a pay cut (assuming they can make it work) before going back there.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
it gonna suck watching the islanders pick one of the dmen that we should have easily been able to select. In a matter of very little time we went from thinking Boqvist/Wahlstrom to Bouchard/Hughes to now Farabee/Wilde . Couldn't be any worse.:help:

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Everything goalie they touch turns to horseshit. Berube was supposed to be their guy after they were ambivilent on Greiss and waived Halak and sent him to the minors. Now Gibson is starting games for them and getting blown out with 5 goals on 12 shots. They've had Chad Johnson, Michal Neuvrith, Anders Nilsson, and forcing Nabokov to play for them plus forcing Visnovsky to play for them too. what a franchise.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
9 pts out of a playoff spot, 11 games left after tonight. Slim chance of making the playoff, likrly adds to hurting morale.
Is this in reference to us? the Canes? or the islanders? I'm guessing us cause we have 11 games left? the last couple of games the team has played a hell of a lot better than the islanders, canes, hawks and that does not bode well

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Everything goalie they touch turns to horse****. Berube was supposed to be their guy after they gave up Greiss and waived Halak and sent him to the minors. Now Gibson is starting games for them and getting blown out with 5 goals on 12 shots. They've had Chad Johnson, Michal Neuvrith, Anders Nilsson, and forcing Nabokov to play for them plus forcing Visnovsky to play for them too. what a franchise.

I had a bad vision that they tried to steal Benoit Allaire from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad