Around the NHL 2015-16, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
They look a bit slow. Voynov is a big loss for that team though.

Also Kopitar and Doughty need to start carrying a little more offensive load in the regular season. Wonderful defensively all the time, monsters in the playoffs, but they need to get more free points and control the game to their abilities more night in and night out offensively in my opinion.

Doughty takes way too many games off in the regular season. Not literally, he plays a lot and does his work, but he's just not as active as he is in the playoffs. He should net 50 points every year. As for Kopitar, like I said before the season here, his offensive numbers are kinda starting to decline. Would be a very big deal for LA that Kopitar is a 75 point player and not a 60-65 point one. Needless to say he doesn't deserve to become a top5 paid player in the league if he isn't.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Lombardi did an excellent job of circumventing the cap recapture penalty on Richards contract. Yeah they still have to pay for some of it, but the new amount is far more manageable.

Hopefully Kopitar makes it to FA and winds up in Detroit. Now that would be an excellent way for the Wings to contend for another decade.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
http://www.latimes.com/la-sp-sn-king...009-story.html

"At times, I think that I will never recover from it. It is difficult to trust anyone right now-and you begin to question whether you can trust your own judgment. The only thing I can think of that would be worse would be suspecting your wife of cheating on you for five years and then finding out in fact it was true."

I dont know why Lombardi gotta make it public to be honest. Must have been a huge blow to him mentally.

Aug 6, 2012
Eichel is one of the most effortless skaters I've seen. It doesn't even look like he's trying and he's absolutely flying. Such strong strides.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Same here.

That Toronto and Ottawa overtime only had about 1 good minute or so. Classic Babcock makes things boring

Ironically, an OT penalty might set the goal chances back now. 4v3 PP which is probably <30% chance of a goal and then when the guy gets out it's 4v4 hockey until the next whistle, which in the Toronto-Ottawa game never happened.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Ironically, an OT penalty might set the goal chances back now. 4v3 PP which is probably <30% chance of a goal and then when the guy gets out it's 4v4 hockey until the next whistle, which in the Toronto-Ottawa game never happened.

I totally forgot about that possibility.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Not like Boyle was signed to an albatross contract though, and he had a decent playoffs last year. Not the worst gamble to make. Last year of contract.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Not like Boyle was signed to an albatross contract though, and he had a decent playoffs last year. Not the worst gamble to make. Last year of contract.

should have traded for Phaneuf @ 7 mil for eternity.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado

Not an albatross but Holland apparently was willing to give him a worse deal in 2014. Quote from MLive.

The Red Wings offered Dan Boyle more money ($12.5 million) and term (three years) than he got from the New York Rangers (two years at $10 million).

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/07/ask_ansar_on_red_wings_inabili.html

That wouldn't have been pretty :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad