Around the NHL 2015-16, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
This was a fun article to read. It makes me even more excited about the new season to begin!

New beginning in HockeyTown, it's going to be refreshing.

- Coach who knows how to treat young players
- Plays an attacking game, instead of boring dump style (Babcock's 'bank it off the boards out of the defensive zone' was so frustrating to watch!)
- Larkin on opening roster
- No Dan Cleary on the roster
- Smith will get offensive opportunities
- Ken Holland is already listening to Blashill, while Kenny and Babcock seemed to clash too often

He's still on the roster buddy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not sure this got a lot of discussion on our board but Ryane Clowe is apparently basically LTIR retired....

I know he played a little afterward, but interestingly this is one of the few guys I can remember Kronwall actually hurting with one of his massive Kronwall hits and it wasn't a concussion.

After Clowe basically assaulted Abdelkader in the dying moments of a playoff loss then said to the media he wished Kronwall was out there to get like that... Kronwall made the big hit in front of the bench separating his shoulder, playing hurt I think he suffered through the Vancouver series. I am not even really sure he ever really got healthy again, though it was the concussions that did him in.

Always loved that hit, especially because Clowe talked all tough in terms of I wish I had the chance to get at him and Kronwall flattened him later in the series. Clowe had a penchant for trying to force Wings to go, one of the sweeter guys to ever watch get a Kronwalling, maybe my favorite of the bunch he has laid over the years.

Obviously I wish Clowe a recovery and it is sad his career has ended, but could not stand him as a player. Still unfortunate to see a guy go out under those circumstances and seeing the news did remind me of that sequence of events.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Not sure this got a lot of discussion on our board but Ryane Clowe is apparently basically LTIR retired....

I know he played a little afterward, but interestingly this is one of the few guys I can remember Kronwall actually hurting with one of his massive Kronwall hits and it wasn't a concussion.

After Clowe basically assaulted Abdelkader in the dying moments of a playoff loss then said to the media he wished Kronwall was out there to get like that... Kronwall made the big hit in front of the bench separating his shoulder, playing hurt I think he suffered through the Vancouver series. I am not even really sure he ever really got healthy again, though it was the concussions that did him in.

Always loved that hit, especially because Clowe talked all tough in terms of I wish I had the chance to get at him and Kronwall flattened him later in the series. Clowe had a penchant for trying to force Wings to go, one of the sweeter guys to ever watch get a Kronwalling, maybe my favorite of the bunch he has laid over the years.

Obviously I wish Clowe a recovery and it is sad his career has ended, but could not stand him as a player. Still unfortunate to see a guy go out under those circumstances and seeing the news did remind me of that sequence of events.

All talk no game? Haha

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Rangers speed is amazing. Hopefully we can look that fast in the coming years too.

Leafs-Habs is a snoozefest. Of course. Babcock checkers vs a mostly boring team. Not even the rivalry can help that matchup right now.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

Didn't Clowe say something to the effect "If Kronwall ever tried to hit me like "that" (Kronwall leveled someone in the previous series) I'd break his nose." Then Kronwall threw that hit and broke his nose and messed up his shoulder?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Yeah his hit against Malone in the 08 Finals broke his nose, but Clowe was talking a big game to the media the day or two prior to getting laid out because Kronwall laid out Heatley the game before that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is Bobby Ryan the next Dany Heatley? Watching him skate makes me think there is something seriously wrong. While never fleet of foot, he looks like he has something debilitating going on, like this is it in terms of what is the future kind of feel...

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Also just had a half breakaway and then a great backcheck.

This is the first time I have seen him play. Got a feeling the Cole trade is going to go in the same category with the Legwand trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad