Around the NHL 2015-16, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
HOCKEY!!!!!! I went to the Av's camp yesterday morning, pretty interesting to see the difference from how Detroit does it. All drills, they do follow up with a scrimmage today but 2 teams and not 3/4. Mackinnon has some unreal feet. Can't wait for the Wings to come to town.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
So who's watching Devils-Bruins tonight? :naughty: Both teams have lots of their best younger guys playing. Monster in goal for the Bs. Zacha one to watch for the Devils.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So who's watching Devils-Bruins tonight? :naughty: Both teams have lots of their best younger guys playing. Monster in goal for the Bs. Zacha one to watch for the Devils.

was gonna watch it, then could not. Looks like Devils still cant score for anything :naughty:

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
TML vs MTL, they are talking about how Babcock has given Gardiner the green light to play his game and helped with the confidence.

Doesn't sound like something I ever heard in DET.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Just wait till the regular season starts.

Yeah Babcock pre-season talking points evaporate pretty quickly when the live bullets start. Though honestly not sure he has much of choice in terms of some of the guys he is going to play in Toronto, he might search for punishment replacements and have to revert back.

We might complain to the high heavens about a lot of this stuff, but we have a good team and an organization with lots of talent. It helped in terms of his preference for punishing guys and I don't think he is going to have that option in Toronto.

I have a hard time seeing a scenario where Gardiner is not a permanent resident in the Babcock doghouse though. That is a real oil and water scenario in terms of how Gardiner plays and what we know about Babcock's treatment of that kind of player in the past.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Babcock will no doubt try to play 1-0, 2-1 hockey with that team. Kids with scoring touch that don't play 200 foot will not see much of the ice. Other than Gardiner, Nylander's relation with Babcock will be interesting.

By the way Buffalo scored six goals in back to back games.. They do have some offensive firepower. Depth and defense, and to some degree goaltending, surely won't be enough but they could still be a pretty fun team to watch (and play) this year.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
we destroy buffalo like the Islanders destroy us, not worried about any losses lol

and yeah im sure Babs will try to play that, which is not the way that roster wins games. The only way they win games is get lucky shots and win while being outshot 90% of the time.

Torontos team is probably worse then ours and we choked ALOT of those type of 1 to 0 games.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Babcock will no doubt try to play 1-0, 2-1 hockey with that team. Kids with scoring touch that don't play 200 foot will not see much of the ice. Other than Gardiner, Nylander's relation with Babcock will be interesting.

By the way Buffalo scored six goals in back to back games.. They do have some offensive firepower. Depth and defense, and to some degree goaltending, surely won't be enough but they could still be a pretty fun team to watch (and play) this year.

He let Tatar and Nyquist do their thing here for the most part, I don't see why he won't let Nylander do his thing too as long as he's productive.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

And so it begins :yo:

Part of me believed Babs would go to Toronto understanding that they're a rebuilding team that needs a whole new philosophy and that maybe he'd need to lighten up on the "every prospect wins a selke or is benched" thing... doesn't look like it:naughty::):laugh: Toronto is going to love him:sarcasm:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Part of me believed Babs would go to Toronto understanding that they're a rebuilding team that needs a whole new philosophy and that maybe he'd need to lighten up on the "every prospect wins a selke or is benched" thing... doesn't look like it:naughty::):laugh: Toronto is going to love him:sarcasm:

With Lou there now aswell I expect much of the "death dance" we did here while waiting for our prospects to ripen. I.e. sign many average veterans who keep you decent. Biggest difference being they don't have a star core already, so they'll be worse than we were.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Mattias Janmark is likely going to make the Stars' lineup out of camp. Really impressed at Traverse City, and has killed it in the preseason. Was he ever a highly touted prospect with you guys, or is this just a jump that happens in some kids? Obviously Nill wanted him in the Cole trade.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Mattias Janmark is likely going to make the Stars' lineup out of camp. Really impressed at Traverse City, and has killed it in the preseason. Was he ever a highly touted prospect with you guys, or is this just a jump that happens in some kids? Obviously Nill wanted him in the Cole trade.

He was always fairly highly touted around here at least, it was just that we didn't really have room for him. Still, trading him for Erik ****ing Cole was pretty terrible.(both at the time and in hindsight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad