Around the NHL 2014-15, Part III: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
So did you guys see ol' GM Lou in Toronto has outlawed facial hair?

Somebody better tell Zetterberg and Kronwall they are unprofessional.

they are hippies, plain and simple

they need to get haircuts and jobs

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

"Now, Johnny Unitas, there's a haircut you could set your watch to."

e9eRsXz.jpg

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I know it probably wouldn't be wise and isn't a big deal for a bunch of them, but I find this very odd. Stupid Yankee thing.

Honestly if I was had one and played there it wouldn't be like I signed to play for Lou Lam or even back to his Devils days um.... The draft forces me to play here so no dice. I get it if you sign knowing, but this as a rule is silly and should a guy seriously have a problem with it especially if you were a star caliber player the NHLPA would have field day with it if he ever tried to fine you or something of that nature.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Having playoff beards in only the regular season is pretty weird.

There's no danger of needing them in the post season. Even if they were allowed/and they miraculouslymade it, their playoff facial hair wouldn't make it past 11 o'clock shadow.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Lou should just go back to the 1920's. I'm sure all the Leafs players love him already :sarcasm:

For anybody unaware, he did this in New Jersey as well. For many years.

I get what he's going for. It's the kind of thing you do in the military. Arbitrary rules to create a sense of identity and cohesion. Also, submission to authority.

Of course, Kessel's beard is pretty bad, so maybe they are just trying to prevent that from happening again.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It probably works for teams that don't have a bunch of tradition and great leaders(especially recently) to follow. Set some extremely basic rules, get everyone on the same page right away.

All that Holland does and requires is basically another way of doing the same thing. He just does most of his "mental tests" pre-NHL, so by the time the players wear the Winged Wheel they're molded into the right shape already. Not to mention the extreme collection of leaders we've had for a very long time now. Having rules for beards and numbers would be superfluous here.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Ho-Sang was a known risk from day 1 so I don't know why the Islanders are so surprised. He was a top 10 talent in a weak draft and almost fell outside the first round. I'm sure Minnesota will take another Islander cast-off in a couple years.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Ho-Sang was a known risk from day 1 so I don't know why the Islanders are so surprised. He was a top 10 talent in a weak draft and almost fell outside the first round. I'm sure Minnesota will take another Islander cast-off in a couple years.

Then he turns into a good player

Makes me wonder, who takes Detroits castoffs and what Castoffs does Detroit take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad