Around the NHL 2014-15, Part II - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Sportsnet ‏@Sportsnet 35m35 minutes ago
#Bruins promote former player and assistant GM Don Sweeney, name him the team's new GM

Jeff Israel
‏@jeffisrael25
Charlie Jacobs: "Our search was exhaustive. We looked on the 1st floor of the TD Garden and concluded on the 9th floor."

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 3m3 minutes ago
#CBJ make it official: Nick Foligno is the sixth captain in franchise history.

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 4m4 minutes ago
Great nugget from Pierre Dorion on @TSN1200: Daniel Alfredsson phoned Matt O'Connor as part of Sens sales pitch to the free agent goalie.

of course alfie betrayed red wings the first chance he got.

Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
The Wings could still be playing right now lol. Rags built this AMAZING D that I was told the Wings couldn't beat. They have arguably best goali in the world (Top 3). They be getting picked apart right now. Maybe we can trade Luke for McDonaugh :)

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Rangers are actually looking worse against Tampa than we did.
Tampa is a hockey version of a track team. The combination of skill and speed the Hawks and Lightning have is ridiculous. That we were able to slow them down and actually be up in the series shows how much great coaching means. Yeah, we played an excruciatingly safe and simple style and clogged everything up...but that was our only chance. The Rangers are one of the fastest teams in the league and even THEY can't keep up with Tampa.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I would trade the Rangers entire defense for ours without blinking. Man for man.
I'd probably do that too. But Rangers D is probably the most overrated in the league.

Take this Tampa goal. Girardi and Macdonagh both looking terrible.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Can't wait to see Tampa or New York get destroyed by Anaheim/Chicago.

Ducks lost that OT heartbreaker, but they've looked prime to steamroll whoever they meet. We'll see how they respond, and lord knows Chicago is oh so dangerous, but from watching the games so far I'm more and more impressed with that Ducks team. I think I said earlier, they just have a relentless attack in nearly every facet of their game.

Aug 6, 2012
The tripllets line is a sight to behold. Straight filthy. Best line I've seen in a long time. I don't know how to describe them... elusive maybe?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Ducks lost that OT heartbreaker, but they've looked prime to steamroll whoever they meet. We'll see how they respond, and lord knows Chicago is oh so dangerous, but from watching the games so far I'm more and more impressed with that Ducks team. I think I said earlier, they just have a relentless attack in nearly every facet of their game.

ducks and hawks are by far superior teams to both rangers and lightning. but i could see them wearing each other out

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The tripllets line is a sight to behold. Straight filthy. Best line I've seen in a long time. I don't know how to describe them... elusive maybe?

Ripe for pickings from the west.

Though this playoff year has been one of the most depressing in a long time. One of the Ducks, Hawks, Rangers, or Lightning are going to win the Stanley Cup this year.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Ripe for pickings from the west.

Though this playoff year has been one of the most depressing in a long time. One of the Ducks, Hawks, Rangers, or Lightning are going to win the Stanley Cup this year.

Rangers or Hawks for me I can stand.

Cant stand Ducks, And I cant stand Lightning, I dont think they deserve a cup yet, Especially after Cooper whined. Theyre like the 95 red wings, So close but dont know what it takes yet.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Cant stand Ducks, And I cant stand Lightning, I dont think they deserve a cup yet, Especially after Cooper whined. Theyre like the 95 red wings, So close but dont know what it takes yet.

That analogy won't work if they win the cup... Which they very well might.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008

You are okay with the Hawks winning the cup? Blech.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Mfw+i+thought+she+said+quot+i+was+sitting+next+to+_e66942b3e7e4828b381a4c256f1e1cd2.gif

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Former Detroit Red Wings star Slava Fetisov has called for Russia to reintroduce Soviet-style restrictions to prevent promising young hockey players from moving to the NHL.

Fetisov, who is now a senator in Russia, tells Russia's R-Sport news agency that federal law should be used to stop Russian players from moving to North America before they turn 28.

The aim is to keep "our most talented guys, the ones who the people come to see."

So stupid...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...2/slava-fetisov-calls-for-clampdown/27772743/

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Pretty ironic since he was one of the guys who was forced to stay when he tried to get out.

Yeah, just about everyone is pointing that out, and I think for the first time ever HFboards agrees on something completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad