Around the NHL 2014-15, Part II - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
christopher curtis ‏@titocurtis 9m9 minutes ago
Bergevin says being a GM "not like playing Playstation. I played last night, made a trade, called the same GM this morning and he hung up."

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 23m23 minutes ago
"I have no reason to make any changes when it comes to our coaching staff. They are doing great work." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo

christopher curtis ‏@titocurtis 24m24 minutes ago
"He may never play centre... I don't know... His play will tell us where he ends up."
--Bergevin on Galchenyuk #HabsIO

He needs to get off easy mode trade and go hard mode trade :sarcasm:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
i think he meant 13-14 season.

Yeah the Caps love taking shots at Oates... Not going to say he doesn't really deserve it but we are over a full season removed, it is getting to the point where those guys in there need to move on. They can laud Trotz and really they should it sounds like they like him, but we are officially to the point where underhanded or outright shots at Oates really don't need to be taken.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
so... flyers hired dave hakstol..

Hextall hires Hakstol, how quaint.

I'm shocked the king of Grand Forks is abdicating his throne. Hak is a helluva coach and has littered the Nhl with his players; we'll see if his style translates to the big show.

Last edited:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Not really any room for him in Detroit, but interesting nonetheless.

Not that he has any reason to consider or choose Detroit, but Detroit shouldn't be using "room" as an excuse to sign a 21 year old D prospect with offensive upside. They're really bombing in that regard (Sproul, Smith, Kindl, Almqvist). If he signed, you could move on from Smith pretty easily and give Reilly that spot to sink or swim in.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Johnson has to slow down at some point. Even guys with more talent typically don't keep this up for very long.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Seeing the Bolts do what they do so far, it's even more depressing that we couldn't finish them. Despite of having good chances.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Tampa doesnt know what it takes to win it all

which is really why im Hoping for Chicago to come out of the west. Cause I dont want Anaheim to win the cup.

But NYR will probably beat them. Theyre hungry

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
every team starts somewhere.

That's also one of those sports cliches that gets thrown around but has almost no substance. Every player in the NHL has been a winner most of their lives. That's why they are playing in the NHL.

The idea that, collectively, 23 people are all losers, brought together by a cosmic force of kismet... it's a weird idea.

If anything, I've been really surprised with the resiliency that Tampa has shown. They've played poorly at points in every series, but have found a way to gut out wins when they matter.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
That's also one of those sports cliches that gets thrown around but has almost no substance. Every player in the NHL has been a winner most of their lives. That's why they are playing in the NHL.

The idea that, collectively, 23 people are all losers, brought together by a cosmic force of kismet... it's a weird idea.

It's not a weird idea for 23 people brought together by the cosmic forces of Kevin Lowe and Craig MacTavish, though:sarcasm:[[

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad