Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I like the deal for the Ducks, I've always liked Henrique. Once healthy he may not put up stats, but he'll be a third line C for him in that case which is nuts. 4m cap hit for next year too, which is manageable and great depth and insurance, and since I'd guess this is Vermettes last year, a stroke of genius for the Ducks. The Ducks just find ways to have crazy depth constantly, and combined with arguably the best scouting, drafting and player development in the NHL currently, they're always a threat, even when they seem to be fading

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I like the deal for the Ducks, I've always liked Henrique. Once healthy he may not put up stats, but he'll be a third line C for him in that case which is nuts. 4m cap hit for next year too, which is manageable and great depth and insurance, and since I'd guess this is Vermettes last year, a stroke of genius for the Ducks. The Ducks just find ways to have crazy depth constantly, and combined with arguably the best scouting, drafting and player development in the NHL currently, they're always a threat, even when they seem to be fading

They’re going to need a Getzlaf and Perry replacement sometime in the next few years if they want to continue being a powerhouse but it’s pretty hard to fault their drafting. If anyone can find franchise talent outside the top 10 I’d put my money on it being the Ducks.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Least the Oilers also got the "Go Leafs Go" treatment.

Also Russell just scored on his own net with 1 min left. 5-4.

Knew Kris was always Flame at heart.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I mean you can't really blame the guy when Edmonton were the only ones really giving him a shot at around the same money he had been making. And nobody else was giving him that extension.

Reactions: Skobel24

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I mean you can't really blame the guy when Edmonton were the only ones really giving him a shot at around the same money he had been making. And nobody else was giving him that extension.

Agreed. The guy wanted to get paid after having a strong season, I don't blame him at all. He saw an opportunity and cashed in on it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Agreed. The guy wanted to get paid after having a strong season, I don't blame him at all. He saw an opportunity and cashed in on it.
He signed in Edmonton after a decent season and reportedly turned down multiple offers before sitting all summer. I can most certainly blame him for signing in Edmonton.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He signed in Edmonton after a decent season and reportedly turned down multiple offers before sitting all summer. I can most certainly blame him for signing in Edmonton.

f*** that guy for trying to make a living.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
**** that guy for trying to make a living.
He had the opportunity to sign elsewhere and didn't. He has the right to sign where ever he wants, just like I have the right to dislike him because of where he signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad