Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

I will miss her most of all.

BqhtqajCYAAEHN3.jpg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Sign Lucic and Demers, then trade Nugent-Hopins/Eberle/Yakupov for a top-four puck moving defenceman.

Barring injuries or unpredictable decline in play, those three moves would push the Oilers into a playoff spot.

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Hall-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Pouliot-Lander-Maroon

Klefbom-Demers
Sekera-XXX
Fayne-Davidson

Hopefully though, Benning overpays for Lucic while the Oilers overpay for Demers but fail to trade for a defenceman.

moon*

Does that team work under the salary cap?

I don't think that Lucic is a bad fit for the Oilers but I definitely think they need young Lucic on a ELC or 2nd contract. With the money they have tied up elsewhere and Lucic not really at his 30 goal level anymore I am not sure he is worth it for the deal he is going to want.

The roster above may be a play-off team but that is about it and it would still have a weak defense and some bad contracts.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
They have 11.4M in cap space left. they could get both Lucic and Demers if they wanted.

Only problem being that Draisaitl and Yakupov will need a contract next year, and McDavid the year after. But they have Ference's contract coming off the book next year, so maybe they'll be fine.

Aug 3, 2010
It's only because of the impending expansion draft that i would not want the Flames to acquire Demers. He would be a great partner for Hamilton.

At this point, I'm left hoping "anyone but Edmonton" for him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Edmonton getting Pulju and Lucic is crazy, there's no denying that.

They have tons of assets to deal to get a good dman or 2. They are going to be scary good.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
They have 11.4M in cap space left. they could get both Lucic and Demers if they wanted.

but thats where trading one the forwards comes in.

I hope they sign Lucic, the guy will regress HARD in a couple years.

In the next 2 years they have to re-sign McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, Yakupov and then Pulju the year after.

Oh yeah, they also need 2 top pairing d-men.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
I hope they sign Lucic, the guy will regress HARD in a couple years.

Same. Hope they overpay Lucic and give him term, and then lose the subsequent Hall trade. It would be a dream scenario from my point of view.

Lucic is a worse player than Hall, but will ask for at least as much money and will only come close to earning it for another 2 or 3 years. And Chiarelli loves losing trades, so I really hope he's planning to use Hall to address Edmonton's defence; you just know he's got his sights set on some mid-20s second-pairing defenceman.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I can see Benning pushing hard for Lucic and paying him more for a longer term.

Oilers will still Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad