Around the NHL, 11th Armored Tank Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
I mean value wise, it's definitely not there but I still think the Oil got better from this trade.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Also, take a look in that Hall for Hamonic thread and see what they wanted and thought he would get. It just makes it that much better.

With that said though, while it looks like Edmonton lost that trade, I think they got better.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Larsson definitely isn't a 1D. Maybe in a few years, but not now.

Edit: I'd place him as a 3-4 right now, maybe a low 2.

To me he has that projection, he's a decent #2 right now. I mean, he started a ton in the defensive zone and had the 4th highest QoC on his team. He's a good young Dman with major upside still.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
I think it's a pretty solid trade all around. Ya maybe Edmonton lost a little value but it's what they needed to do. Greene-Larsson was one of the best defensive pairings last year and Larsson, in my mind at least, is a solid number 2 already, at worst number 3, and he likely reaches number 1 soon.

Edmonton is looking solid

Edit: I remember at the 2011 draft thinking Edmonton (Colorado and Florida too I guess) made a mistake not taking Larsson. He's a phenomenal player

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Rz1vKXn.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Value wise people don't like it, to me, Edmonton got better today.

True, but they could've/should've got betterer.

It's like, if Tampa had traded Drouin back in January at lowest value for an NHL player, they would've gotten better, but it still wouldn't necessarily have been a good trade.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
He not he Hall's level, but he's a more needed piece. Larsson is good. He's going to get better. He's signed to a great contract.

If Oilers sign Lucic and Demers, I think they might make playoffs

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
They actually did it . . . The Oilers traded a forward for a defenceman. What a time to be alive.

Goes to show just how valuable defencemen are nowadays and even more so, just what a steal Hamilton was.

Larsson's a great defenceman though. Hall can put up points, but he's led the Oilers absolutely no where. They're a better team even if they lost the trade on paper. And if they end up with Lucic, then it's big win in the short term.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
True, but they could've/should've got betterer.

It's like, if Tampa had traded Drouin back in January at lowest value for an NHL player, they would've gotten better, but it still wouldn't necessarily have been a good trade.

Not really though.
It's like had Calgary traded Iggy in the 2011 season for Ryan McDonaugh or Jack Johnson; it's a roll of the dice because you're moving an elite winger, but you're picking up someone who could be a potential 1D; time will tell how this works out for them.

I'm not sure if they could have done better, to be honest.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Larsson is really underrated, just because he plays in NJ and isn't a big scorer, he's an excellent defensive dman and can move the puck very well, plus he's a great skater.

Edmonton needed to do this, the value wasn't the best but they are a better team. Every GM has been lowballing them for years, I think they deserve credit for making the "ballsy" move no one said they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad