Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm agreeing with you except for the fact that fighters were always free to say "well, if I don't fight and I'm not in the line up, I'm going to retire"
Oh definitely. And Simon had a successful enough career that he for sure could have backed out of many fights if he wanted to, I'm sure.

Reactions: Buffdog

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I get that there are a whole bunch of reason why some many Leaf and Habs fans invade the arena when they come here, one being the us not having a team for so many years. So what the excuse in Edmonton you would think the Habs are playing a home game tonight in Edmonton

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I get that there are a whole bunch of reason why some many Leaf and Habs fans invade the arena when they come here, one being the us not having a team for so many years. So what the excuse in Edmonton you would think the Habs are playing a home game tonight in Edmonton
Brainwashing by the former generation to cheer for the Habs and Leafs. Seriously.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Anybody watch the oilers/Habs game?
Crazy ending Kane hits Armia which should have been interference penalty because Armia did not have the puck but instead Armia’s stick cuts an Oilers player from the illegal hit and Oilers win in OT on 4 minute PP.
Looks like some fans didn't like it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: wraithsonwings

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Anybody watch the oilers/Habs game?
Crazy ending Kane hits Armia which should have been interference penalty because Armia did not have the puck but instead Armia’s stick cuts an Oilers player from the illegal hit and Oilers win in OT on 4 minute PP.
Looks like some fans didn't like it.

Of all the things worth needing to resort to violence for, the hockey team you cheer for has got to be the absolute f***ing stupidest one that I see on the regular. Absolutely f***ing stupid.

Some time in the city sneezer, a big fine, and a lifetime ban from the arena. At a minimum. Maybe find their mothers and let them know how their shithead kids are acting in public too.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Same reason why my kids who were born and raised in alberta cheer for the Jets. I brainwashed them from birth.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Same reason why my kids who were born and raised in alberta cheer for the Jets. I brainwashed them from birth.
Excellent work!

Of all the things worth needing to resort to violence for, the hockey team you cheer for has got to be the absolute f***ing stupidest one that I see on the regular. Absolutely f***ing stupid.

Some time in the city sneezer, a big fine, and a lifetime ban from the arena. At a minimum. Maybe find their mothers and let them know how their shithead kids are acting in public too.
There is a woman there holding her toddler, casually watching...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Or a loser playoff round to determine who gets first overall - then the tanking would stop
The Gold Draft is an idea that's been circulating for a while now:

"Instead of a draft lottery system that encourages losing by awarding the best odds to the league’s worst teams, you’d determine the draft order based on the number of points each team earned after being eliminated from the playoffs. Once you’re mathematically out of the playoff hunt, you start the clock on banking points towards your spot in the draft order. The team with the most post-elimination points get the top pick, and so on down through the rest of the non-playoff teams.

The beauty of the plan is that it still weights the odds of getting the first pick heavily towards the league’s worst teams, because they’ll be eliminated first."

Down Goes Brown: Could the ‘Gold Plan’ eliminate tanking?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The Gold Draft is an idea that's been circulating for a while now:

"Instead of a draft lottery system that encourages losing by awarding the best odds to the league’s worst teams, you’d determine the draft order based on the number of points each team earned after being eliminated from the playoffs. Once you’re mathematically out of the playoff hunt, you start the clock on banking points towards your spot in the draft order. The team with the most post-elimination points get the top pick, and so on down through the rest of the non-playoff teams.

The beauty of the plan is that it still weights the odds of getting the first pick heavily towards the league’s worst teams, because they’ll be eliminated first."

Down Goes Brown: Could the ‘Gold Plan’ eliminate tanking?
Neat idea.

But from an owner point of view, a non-playoff playoffs makes the most sense... instead of half empty buildings for tanking Sharks and Hawks - you'd have playoff rounds and revenue... and your players get 'playoff experience'

Every arena would have been packed for a loser playoffs for the Bedard Cup... thats a lot of money the owners are pissing away

Reactions: Jets 31 and Gm0ney

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Neat idea.

But from an owner point of view, a non-playoff playoffs makes the most sense... instead of half empty buildings for tanking Sharks and Hawks - you'd have playoff rounds and revenue... and your players get 'playoff experience'

Every arena would have been packed for a loser playoffs for the Bedard Cup... thats a lot of money the owners are pissing away
That money would be HRR, so it would find its way to the players as well.

But I think that would overly reward bubble teams that just fail to make the cut. Like, Vegas this year, if they missed the playoffs, would dominate - especially with Stone, Eichel, and the Lord Jesus coming off IR just in time to pound the living snot out of San Jose. Do we really want to hand that team 1st overall?

The Gold Draft still balances things because Vegas might get 1 or 2 games after elimination to accrue points while San Jose has 18 games to rack em up. The weaker teams still should get the most help from this method.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad