Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Can't wait for the Leafs to sign Reaves then all the rubes proclaiming that he is the missing piece with parade plans to follow.

Most Leafs fans I know hate it except one family member who loves everything the Leafs have ever done. As a Leafs enjoyer myself, signing Kampf and Reaves to longish term deals for almost $4m is certainly a choice with all the upcoming UFAs they're going to have.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I was planning on BBQing today for the family, but had to halt it due to everyone catching COVID :(

Thankfully we're all on the mend, so I'll just tune in here periodically to get the latest updates while probably ordering food instead.

• Wow
Reactions: macmaroon

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Well I bought a full tenderloin at Costco yesterday that we are having tonight, with Ribs, Shrimp, Orzo, salad’s….huge board meeting before that with all sorts of apps etc so we are covered there. I also bought a case of Prosecco so we could have bottomless mimoss. Guests brought an insane amout of food and booze so you only need to bring you charming personality. I am at Lake of the Woods, drinking starts at breakfast. I have to figure out how to use a new boat today so that will keep me sober for a bit.

Just fire up a flair when you get close and we’ll send out the search party.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo :laugh:

1688223490928.gif

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Sooooo... are the Jets in the market for anyone significant today? Maybe a center… someone like Domi?

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Doubtful. Probably depth pieces.

If the plan is to trade Scheifele this year and the Jets want to remain competitive, what are they doing for top 6 C?

A part of me thinks Scheifele might stay though.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
If the plan is to trade Scheifele this year and the Jets want to remain competitive, what are they doing for top 6 C?

A part of me thinks Scheifele might stay though.

It's the same conversation I was having with @gojetsgo about the UFA goaltending. I get the Jets attitude on that, you want to figure out the top 6 C position, but if you're a UFA C, while the plan might be to trade Scheifele, are you going to take the risk that it actually happens?

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Considering the market, I expect Chef and Helle to start the season on the team. Maybe they'll be moved at the trade deadline.

Watch as we'll be a playoff bubble team and Chevy keeps both as our own rentals *sigh*

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
It's the same conversation I was having with @gojetsgo about the UFA goaltending. I get the Jets attitude on that, you want to figure out the top 6 C position, but if you're a UFA C, while the plan might be to trade Scheifele, are you going to take the risk that it actually happens?

Unless you think Vilardi or Perfetti has a lock on center, there already is a spot open with Dubois’ departure. None of the centers available are 1C quality. They should be content with a 2C spot with potential to move up if 1C opens up this season.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Unless you think Vilardi or Perfetti has a lock on center, there already is a spot open with Dubois’ departure. None of the centers available are 1C quality. They should be content with a 2C spot with potential to move up if 1C opens up this season.

Chevy said very publicly that Perfetti is going to get a long look at C this season.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Considering the market, I expect Chef and Helle to start the season on the team. Maybe they'll be moved at the trade deadline.

Watch as we'll be a playoff bubble team and Chevy keeps both as our own rentals *sigh*

Yeah, that wouldn’t surprise me to see them start the year with Winnipeg. I think it will be a decision for both on whether to extend or be traded by TDL. No way are they using these two as self rentals this year unless the season is wildly incredible.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Where are you fine
Good morning. I am the first one awake at the cabin. There are currently 9 people and 3 dogs sleeping and we have another 5 people coming out to stay tonight and then another 4 for dinner I think that = 18 for food and 14 + dogs for lodging.

Right now I am having a coffee and enjoying the silence.

Happy Canada Day
Where are you fine sir? I'm at LOTW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad