Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
yep, WWE was garbage from 93-97, way too many stupid characters...WCW got massive because it went the opposite direction and became edgy and more "real"...loved that era.

the list is long, many of my all-time favorites gone :
Road Warrior Hawk
Ultimate Warrior
Bam Bam Bigelow
Rick Rude
Curt Henning
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Macho Man
British Bulldog
Junkyard Dog
etc, etc, etc

...Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Lex Luger, Crush, Crash Holly...anyway, the Andre the Giant documentary on HBO is worth watching for those nostalgic for pre-90's wrasslin.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
That was a crazy final twenty in Boston, but the Bruins are moving on. Good thing to, I didn't feel like hopping on Toronto's bandwagon.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
what does everyone think about where the leafs are at in their development?

Should they be further along, where they should be, or ahead?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

About where they should be. That team has been touted as the next Hawks like team. They might have Mathews (a Toews comparable), and they might have Marner (a crappier Kane), but that team still lacks a lot of the talent that the Hawks had in 2010.

They'll compete and might win a cup or two, but they won't be as good as we were, and that moment or two of victory will obviously have to wait because they ran into a strong Bruins team.

TLDR: They are right where they should be.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
They're where they should be but they're still a top pairing d-man and some vet forward experience away from truly competing. Pretty obvious from the way they came out in the third that they're lacking leadership.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
That was a helluva game. B’s controlled it, for the most part. It was cool to see some fight from Toronto.

As of right now, Boston is the superior team. But honestly, if you keep that TML roster and give them a few years, they will wreck the league. Add a top 4 dman, and a worthwhile goalie and they’re a big threat.

Krejci is a straight up killer

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The goaltending in the Bruins/Leafs game reminded me of some of the games the Hawks had vs. Philly in the 2010 Cup final.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

A top pairing defenseman makes them scary. That's easy to say, but harder to acquire. But the future is bright.

Andersen worries me though. Seems to get shakier the bigger the game is

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Anderson is an above average/good enough to be #1 type of goalie who has too many flaws and struggles with consistency to truly be guy on a contender

He is similar to guys like Martin Biron , Tommy Salo , Jose Theodore , etc

He gives up soft goals at worst times and seems to struggle as pressure mounts (We saw him wilt vs Hawks as a Duck in 2015)

Your left wanting more and should always be looking for potential upgrade at position if it becomes available

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Gotta agree with BWC on this. I told my Leafs friends this and they were blinded by the awesomeness of shame 7. After the 3rd period I think they smelled what I was cooking.

Reactions: AmericanDream

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Anderson is an above average/good enough to be #1 type of goalie who has too many flaws and struggles with consistency to truly be guy on a contender

He is similar to guys like Martin Biron , Tommy Salo , Jose Theodore , etc

He gives up soft goals at worst times and seems to struggle as pressure mounts (We saw him wilt vs Hawks as a Duck in 2015)

Your left wanting more and should always be looking for potential upgrade at position if it becomes available

This is fairly accurate. FA just seems to freak out under pressure.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Babcock now 9 years removed from his last conference finals appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad