Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
is it me or is this week past trades surprising anyone. i mean, the draft picks are for the 2019 draft, not the upcoming 2018 draft ??

i wonder if, and i am spit ballin here, but maybe that is a reason why the Bhawks haven't been active in the trading scene. considering that many of us fans were expecting the org to be real busy.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
is it me or is this week past trades surprising anyone. i mean, the draft picks are for the 2019 draft, not the upcoming 2018 draft ??

i wonder if, and i am spit ballin here, but maybe that is a reason why the Bhawks haven't been active in the trading scene. considering that many of us fans were expecting the org to be real busy.

you can either move them now or at the draft - there are pros and cons to each. depending on how many buyers there truly are the deadline "likely" gets more in return, but Bowman is being patient which he should as he has 1 name to move that would bring back instant assets and that is AA. Outside of him, everyone is would only be minor or just likely not worth trading right now like Hartman and Rutta.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Nash isn't very good anymore.

He's still only 33, and he's a FA after this year. The prospect they gave up isn't exactly one of their best from what I read, and was blocked with several better prospects ahead of him. Pittsburgh obviously just acquired Brasasrd, so it was on them to make a move.

I think they'd have been better of going for say AA and his value, but can understand not wanting to take on several years if they might have cap issues in a year or two (honestly unsure what their situation is there).

It's a gamble no doubt, but I'd rather my team give up 1st and go for it vs standing pat and seeing my top competitors make moves.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
you can either move them now or at the draft - there are pros and cons to each. depending on how many buyers there truly are the deadline "likely" gets more in return, but Bowman is being patient which he should as he has 1 name to move that would bring back instant assets and that is AA. Outside of him, everyone is would only be minor or just likely not worth trading right now like Hartman and Rutta.
you make a great poing, i just thought that teams would be interested in a buy low kind of a player.

but oh well i guess i was wrong.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Dang, what? Cole is a decent player, but he's a bottom pairing D. The Hawks have a bunch of these types. They didn't need him here.
yeah but i like to think chi can offer players who are a little bit better.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
yeah but i like to think chi can offer players who are a little bit better.

Don't expect the Hawks to completely sell the entire team today. That would be stupid. This isn't a full rebuild.

You should expect one or two players to move, and that's it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Don't expect the Hawks to completely sell the entire team today. That would be stupid. This isn't a full rebuild.

You should expect one or two players to move, and that's it.
excellent pov, but i can hope.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
at this point, any players and all players should be on the market, if the rtn is worth moving that player, then so be it. move them.

obvious is one is going to cherry pick what what i posted, i say in ref to Kane, i was thinking why not, then i thought better of it. obvious some player will never be touch. however it still wouldn't hurt to see what kind of interest is in moving them.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Eddie O just gets life. Go read Scott Powers interview with him. Eddie knows the impact he can have and you can just see how much he gets it. Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad