Around the league XXVI: The playoffs have arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kadri is a weird player in that he's completely overrated by Leaf fans, and totally underrated by fans of every other team.

4.5mil is a good price for him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You mean the same AA type of contract for Kadri. It's clearly the price range of just #3 only centers.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
IF the Blackhawks don't pull off the repeat, my heart is firmly in the Flordia Panthers camp.

I wouldn't hate seeing Lou hoist the cup, seeing Soupy get another, and Barkov might be my favorite young player in the league.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie now3 seconds ago
Kadri's AAV is $4.5M and Rielly's is $5M. Both 6 year deals.

I find Kadri overrated and honestly don't get the hype about him

The TSN guys were saying the same thing just yesterday .... but I don't know. He has the makings of being another Marchand. He is quickly gaining that type of reputation (of a player who everyone hates until he is on your team). Obviously Babs and Shanny like him.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
The TSN guys were saying the same thing just yesterday .... but I don't know. He has the makings of being another Marchand. He is quickly gaining that type of reputation (of a player who everyone hates until he is on your team). Obviously Babs and Shanny like him.

He's a great possession-driver, he has one of the best penalty differentials in the league, and if he shot at his career average shooting percentage instead of 1% for half the season, he'd have 27 goals instead of 17, all while being flanked by... shall we say, 'not all-stars' in Toronto.

Fun to imagine what he could too on a line with real talent.

He's good. Babs and Shanny (and more probably Dubas) like him with good reason.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
He's a great possession-driver, he has one of the best penalty differentials in the league, and if he shot at his career average shooting percentage instead of 1% for half the season, he'd have 27 goals instead of 17, all while being flanked by... shall we say, 'not all-stars' in Toronto.

Fun to imagine what he could too on a line with real talent.

He's good. Babs and Shanny (and more probably Dubas) like him with good reason.

Yep. Of anybody on the Leafs, he's the one I'd expect to have the biggest breakout next year once his shooting percentage goes back to a more reasonable level.

On a line with Nylander or Soshnikov, especially in two or three years, he can be a very good AA-type player. Plus, like you said, there's value to a guy who draws a penalty almost every game.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Kadri seems like a guy who is an amazing complimentary player, one of those guys that all good teams have.

Consistent 40ish points a year and a good depth center

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
I was always hoping the Hawks could pry Kadri out of Toronto when they had the inmates running that asylum. He'd be a number 2 center any team would be happy to have.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Wonder when Mrazek gets back in my his series. Howard got hot at the right time but he still isn't a very good goalie. Tampa has a lot of firepower even down Stamkos. Don't see Howard holding up.

defact0

Jul 24, 2014
does anyone else think it's fun to make strawman arguments centered on Anton Stralman?

e.g. "I think it's bs that everyone thinks that TBL can't win first round just because they have an injured defenseman"

:popcorn:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
4-1 Pens midway thru 3rd

SHG and PPG for Pens within minutes here in 3rd seem to have put game away

Lifeless effort from Rangers after losing Lundqvist to eye injury

This series could be over rather quickly as Rangers appear to be overmatched

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014