Around the league XXV: Buff remains a Jet, Phaneuf becomes a Sen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Seriously, the Kings look so much better in gold and purple....

Ugh. They look ridiculous. They should get some clown-shoes shaped skates to complete the look.

Not to mention its a color scheme born purely out of an inferiority complex and Lakers-envy.

The black-silver-white actually makes them look like the no-nonsense, relentless ass-kickers they play like.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well.... not for nothing, but the black, silver, and white was them trying to co-opt the popularity of the Raiders at the time, so they're a team built on visually envying others in their market, I guess.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Well.... not for nothing, but the black, silver, and white was them trying to co-opt the popularity of the Raiders at the time, so they're a team built on visually envying others in their market, I guess.

Interesting. Didnt realize that, :laugh:

Still think the black and silver suits them better.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Did you guys hear that Leafs Lunch has become so popular that they're going to be moving it to the prime-time 4pm-7pm EST slot in the near future?

It was posted on the Leafs forum not too long ago.

Pretty cool how that show, that pretty much started as a goof, became such a hit.

Are they actually moving the show to drive home?

I thought they were moving Hayes and O'neill to the hosts for the time slot.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
LA's purple and gold were our NHL 09 EASHL club uni's and we loved them.

But the black and white/silver they have now is filthy. It's simple and as intimidating as a jersey can be. Now I want to rank all the main home and away jerseys for all 30 teams. Might make a thread about it

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Kings unis are middle of the pack at best. Great colors but their logo is a home plate, that trim sucks, and the font is meh.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Dion makes the Sens better. He is a good Player that was put in a role he wasn't able to fit.
As your #3 D, he'll be good. Overpaid, but good.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
I'm a big fan of the Kings uni's. Simple, but still slick/cool. They're like the Darth Vader of the the league in a way.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Evander Kane and Alex Petrovic fought each other three times last night. Can't remember the last time anybody fought three times in one game since David Koci's Hawk debut.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
His team was down three goals. Good to see Kane celebrating after a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad