Around the league XXV: Buff remains a Jet, Phaneuf becomes a Sen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Just turned on the Kings vs Wings game, i watch very little Eastern Conference teams but man there are quite a few Wings fans in attendance, lot's of red jersey's scattered all around. Very surprised,

Evidently the Wings have a much larger following than i thought.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Just turned on the Kings vs Wings game, i watch very little Eastern Conference teams but man there are quite a few Wings fans in attendance, lot's of red jersey's scattered all around. Very surprised,

Evidently the Wings have a much larger following than i thought.

Wings have a huge fan base and have for a long time.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I thought those red jersey's were Hawks fans hoping to see the Kings and Wings destroy one another...

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
End of Van FL game, Canucks win and Sedin, who scored OT winner, chirps bench and brawl ensues.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
You're surprised that an Original Six team has a lot of fans?

And wonder what the Panthers bench and Sedin were chirping at each other.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Wings have been great for years... and are one of the few Teams that are here forever.
Added to some sitcomes that showed them - like Home Improvment with Tim Allen...

they are popular for sure

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Can anybody find the theme in this hypothetical lineup?

Rick Nash-Ryan Johansen-Jake Vorachek
Marion Gaborik-Jeff Carter-Artem Ansimov
Derek Brassard-Antoine Vermette-Marko Dano
RJ Umberger-Marchessault-Derek Dorsett

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Can anybody find the theme in this hypothetical lineup?

Rick Nash-Ryan Johansen-Jake Vorachek
Marion Gaborik-Jeff Carter-Artem Ansimov
Derek Brassard-Antoine Vermette-Marko Dano
RJ Umberger-Marchessault-Derek Dorsett

Who are 3 people who've never been in my kitchen?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Talent Columbus has traded?

Close.

Talent Columbus has traded in the last 5 seasons, alone.

They've traded the equivalent of a roster several orders of magnitude better than their current roster, in the amount of time most teams set for a rebuild.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I don't get how Boudreau still has a job in Anaheim. His team loses 3 straight years in a game 7 at home and now they are dreadful. Just looking at the numbers and didn't realize how bad they were. For the year they have scored 78 goals. The next lowest total in the West in Nashville with 105. That is ridiculous, how is Boudreau still employed?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Have half a hunch that they're hoping to pick up a fired coach in the offseason and don't want to either promote one of their bench guys, go after someone without a job, or hunt for a guy in the AHL, juniors, or collegiate ranks.

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
Ugh. I hat that sort of ******** from fringe players like Farnham.

I'm probably completely wrong (stats, anybody?), but I feel like there have been an above-average number of these sorts of cheap shots this season. Hell, even Panarin has delivered a couple shots I'm not entirely proud of him for. Thank god there aren't as many enforcers around to knock that grin off his face... Maybe it's 'roid rage from all the horse supplements Tazer has been feeding Breadman.

u7iOwVG.jpg

Last edited:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Close.

Talent Columbus has traded in the last 5 seasons, alone.

They've traded the equivalent of a roster several orders of magnitude better than their current roster, in the amount of time most teams set for a rebuild.

to be fair, they only got a few of them because of the Trades they've made

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cody Hodgson waived by Preds

NHL career likely almost over for the former highly touted prospect who after promising start to NHL career has seen it all fall apart

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

A half million a year less than Toews and Kane, but considering the fact that we know that the cap increases are going to be smaller than we thought back then (if at all) going forward thanks to the collapse of the Canuck Buck, pretty much the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad