Around the League Thread | Meaningful Games in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't but they sure seem to live rent free in alot of heads around here.
Classic case of Canuck fans' collective inferiority complex. If it's not the Leafs, it's the Oiler. Must always be perpetually aggrieved at something or someone.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Despite the West being the stronger conference there's no team other than Colorado that really scares me or makes me feel they could flip a switch and start bulldozing everyone. I don't get that feeling from the Canucks either, although I think they have as good a chance as anyone of reaching the finals.
Dallas?

To me the West is scary with probably 4 or 5 of the best 6 teams in the league right now for a deep playoff run.

I could see the western conference winner being beat up and losing to the eastern team who had a cakewalk in the playoffs.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't but they sure seem to live rent free in alot of heads around here.
Yeah I feel like it's going pretty even both ways now, there's always a few posts in here about the Oilers during their games.

Nothing wrong with that either, it's nice to be hated and hate another team, that's how rivalries are formed.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dallas?

To me the West is scary with probably 4 or 5 of the best 6 teams in the league right now for a deep playoff run.

I could see the western conference winner being beat up and losing to the eastern team who had a cakewalk in the playoffs.
End of the day, assuming Nash does not catch the #3 seed, only one of Dal, Col, Win is getting out of the Central and with how Nash is doing, they would be a tough out for the #2 seed between Van and the Central winner.

I don't think Edm and LA can make a deep run. LV, if they put it together can. Really, it's 5 in the West. I see NYR, Fla, and maybe Car as the legit teams. TB, with Serg's injury, not as high on them. Bos, lots of extra time wins. Tor, almost Edm east. Phi, Was, NYI, Det for the final 2 spots, do not see it for them.

East may not have as tough of games, but doesn't mean that they will cruise through all 3 series in 5 games to be well rested before the finals.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Classic case of Canuck fans' collective inferiority complex. If it's not the Leafs, it's the Oiler. Must always be perpetually aggrieved at something or someone.

I just enjoy the broke-brain posting from Oilers fans. It makes me chuckle. I don't really have an issue with the Oilers and generally like a lot of their players.

My disdain for the Leafs is 100% hockey media related. I would not give a solitary f*** about them were if not the fact that the hockey world revolves around the Leafs and it's led to the rise of a number of hacks carving out careers as a result (Berger, Cox, Simmons, Dangle, etc.)

Not because they're good (because the ballwashing continues even when they're sadsack) or have anything notable, it's just because they're the biggest. The McDonald's of the NHL.

And all of that would intensify by 1000 if they ever won a Cup.

Granted, I watch very little hockey coverage these days, but yeah, I'd rather avoid that.

Chicago is about the only team I really dislike and its because of their many misdeeds being laid bare. Which sucks because they were a team I was really happy to see doing well because they suffered for so long under Bill Wirtz. (And then I became less happy after all those playoff series...)

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
We've been getting a lot of talk from Tocchet about preparing mentally and physically for the playoffs. This coaching staff has been A+ on attention to details and our players are buying in.

Then you have a rookie coach in Edmonton that has his team hot and cold every night, their game isn't ramping up all that much. I don't know maybe I'm totally biased but I see Knoblauch way over his head with a team that will be competitive in the playoffs but will once again lack the finer details. They're scary either way McDavid and Draisaitl dragged a pretty mediocre roster to the Conference Finals last year.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Oilers gdt and pgt are absolutely hilarious. Its a forum full of bbuds blaming the refs for this that and everything

:biglaugh:
Never seen a more entitled fanbase with so little success in the last 2 decades

You obviously dont visit their board or the main board at all

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Never seen a more entitled fanbase with so little success in the last 2 decades

You obviously dont visit their board or the main board at all
No. Why would I? I'm not an Oiler fan. I don't care about what's going on for that team, other than information I can gather for betting implications. If you're visiting their board to intentionally trigger/aggrieve yourself, then you really are exactly the type of fan I'm characterizing.

The main boards are fine. They are what they are. You see the insane takes from fans of every club. You are just looking to be perpetually aggrieved.

Reactions: jd22

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
We've been getting a lot of talk from Tocchet about preparing mentally and physically for the playoffs. This coaching staff has been A+ on attention to details and our players are buying in.

I'm honestly surprised at just how much of a breath of fresh air Tocchet has been for this organization. I was bracing for more nonsense when Boudreau was bounced, still don't agree with how it was done, but can't complain with the end result.

Then you have a rookie coach in Edmonton that has his team hot and cold every night, their game isn't ramping up all that much. I don't know maybe I'm totally biased but I see Knoblauch way over his head with a team that will be competitive in the playoffs but will once again lack the finer details. They're scary either way McDavid and Draisaitl dragged a pretty mediocre roster to the Conference Finals last year.

"They, uh, have a real good team over there."

1711405406231.jpeg

(AI prompt of create an image that mixes Travis Green and Knoblach's features together.)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
mcdavid in a 7 game series could beat any team by himself. i don't think he can do that over 4 straight series but nobody wants to play a team he is on in the playoffs and especially not the first round.

Yeah, that's the danger with both MacKinnon and McDavid.

I have confidence that our team if they're playing well and healthy and receiving good goaltending can beat any team in the NHL ... but those two guys can singlehandedly go nuts and win a series single-handedly even if the opposition is a great team playing very good hockey.

But like you say, Edmonton's problem is that even McDavid probably isn't going to win 4 straight series single-handedly with the way the rest of that team is built and coached.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Yeah, that's the danger with both MacKinnon and McDavid.

I have confidence that our team if they're playing well and healthy and receiving good goaltending can beat any team in the NHL ... but those two guys can singlehandedly go nuts and win a series single-handedly even if the opposition is a great team playing very good hockey.

But like you say, Edmonton's problem is that even McDavid probably isn't going to win 4 straight series single-handedly with the way the rest of that team is built and coached.
Kesler. 2nd Round vs Nashville. 2011 Playoffs.

One of the few times in Nucks history where a series was won because of a singular player (non-goalie).

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
No. Why would I? I'm not an Oiler fan. I don't care about what's going on for that team, other than information I can gather for betting implications. If you're visiting their board to intentionally trigger/aggrieve yourself, then you really are exactly the type of fan I'm characterizing.

The main boards are fine. They are what they are. You see the insane takes from fans of every club. You are just looking to be perpetually aggrieved.
Rule number one

Read only, don’t do anything else

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This Blues Knights game is going to be insane
Same as the Wings/Caps game tomorrow. Those H2h with the teams that are in the WC races will pretty much decide who gets in or not. Wings/Caps play each other twice, and with just 11/12 games left for them, if you can sweep it, that might be it for the other team.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Lose a 2 on 1 battle to lose the game. Don’t deserve to make playoffs. Would love to get the Blues first round they are junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad