Around the League Thread | Meaningful Games in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
@MS from last thread, post 1016.

No clue. Well, that’s not true. A year before I met my wife, I told myself I don’t want the relationship to fail because of my drinking. It had taken so much already from me, it was out of necessity to myself.

I was already so disillusioned by the only team that represents my city to North America that I love and have called home for my entire life, I was emotionally detached from it, which was the first time I’d done that since I started watching hockey 20 years ago. So now I do get frustrated but in a healthy way, I think what bothered me the most is I believe *strongly* in meritocracy, accountability , and justice …none were present during those years.
---------
Man, it's good I held off on making the over wager on CBJ points this year at 72.5. Babcock doing Babcock things f***ed that all up. I mean the team isn't that great, but even just 73 points felt entirely doable in the summer.

Last edited:

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
The Lightning better not let me down again tonight. Last time it struck the tree in front of my house but didn't hit my wife.

Better beat the Panthers tonight.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know their goaltending was a major reason for their failure this year, but man, I thought the Devils were going to be a force. Shocked at how badly their season has gone and been managed.
Devils are a grim reminder that 'improvement' in the NHL is never linear. In one season everything goes right and the team improbably makes the playoffs.

Then the following year, everything goes wrong; the injuries pile up; and the coach walks the plank. Replacing Lindy Ruff with Travis Green seemed like a move borne of desperation.

But if the Devils miss as expected, this is all on the GM. Why he waited most of the year to address the black hole in goal is a complete mystery. Cost them the season.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
If you got a young team that can't play defense, you need to spend on goaltending. Ottawa and New Jersey have struggled mightily due to awful goaltending.

The Leafs actually got it right when they went out and got Freddy Andersen to backstop their young guns.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Dylan Guenther with an absolute snipe. Would look good in our top 6….. thanks Jim!!
1710712286016.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille