Around the League Thread: 2017 Season Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ehlers has some marvellous goals agains the Oilers. Another hattrick early on in the season.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Remember that time 5 days ago when the media was ready to give McDavid the Hart, Richard, Art Ross, Conn Smythe and the Oilers the Cup?

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
There's no way to say this without sounding condescending, but flipping around to different games tonight...they all look slow compared to our games.

Beyond even the team being awesome, we're just lucky to watch such an exciting product.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nashville and their elite defense just blew a 3-0 lead. Tied 3-3 now.

There's no way to say this without sounding condescending, but flipping around to different games tonight...they all look slow compared to our games.

Beyond even the team being awesome, we're just lucky to watch such an exciting product.

Yeah. I was thinking the same.

I really hope the management tries to go all in this deadline. I don’t see any team we can’t beat in a 7 game series. Even some of the faster teams look slow compared to us. We aren’t going to go 82-0 but I don’t see as many nights as we are used to in the past where the Leafs are on the losing side.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nashville and their elite defense just blew a 3-0 lead. Tied 3-3 now.

Yeah. I was thinking the same.

I really hope the management tries to go all in this deadline. I don’t see any team we can’t beat in a 7 game series. Even some of the faster teams look slow compared to us. We aren’t going to go 82-0 but I don’t see as many nights as we are used to in the past where the Leafs are on the losing side.

The potential is there for sure but I'd like to see where teams sit after the 20 game mark to see what direction they're heading in.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Lol, Nashville scored on a 6 on 3 (they pulled the goalie) and then Philly challenges the offside, lost, and now there’s another 5 on 3.

Edit: they just scored! This is one of the worst coaching decisions I’ve ever seen

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Look like is Vegas is going to 3 and O after tonight's tilt - I know they are still in the 1st but leading by 4

I know they can not sustain the pace but still impressive

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Anyone else get a certain sick sense of satisfaction from the Habs struggles?
I have a problem, I like to read their forums and I celebrate in their misery (without trolling).
I read their “out of town” thread with a sick smile on my face after Leaf games to hear their envy of us having Matthews.

Reactions: Lilou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad