Around the League Thread: 2017 Season Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Montreal fans have turned on Price already

Another couple losses and that city will destroy itself

They probably have it worst than we had it...it's wishful thinking to think anyone picks up some of their anchor deals (we were lucky to swindle someone to take Phaneuf, I'm not so sure they can with some of their deals especially with history now against them). Then again, LTIR is so easy to abuse these days, I'm not convinced they can't dump Alzner at some point.

We also played a semi entertaining brand of headless chicken hockey....they just have a bunch of bottom 6 grinders that compete.

Lastly, we always had Lewieke in our back pocket when things were going south...then we had Shanahan overseeing Nonis. The Habs don't have anyone like that.

It could go nuclear for them soon.

Reactions: MJ65

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The next opponent, Captials, got blown out yesterday. Outside of Ovechkin, the rest of the team has been mediocre.

Look at the defence pairs right now.

Orlov - Carlson (not a real 1st pair)

Orpik - Ness(who?)

Djoos - Bowey

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Montreal fans have turned on Price already

Another couple losses and that city will destroy itself
Montreal is now heading to California for their Western road swing. Things could get very interesting there. I hope they make some ridiculous panic trade like something the old Leafs would have done. Bye bye 1st rounder that comes back to haunt you.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Still irritated that Vegas is in the league. Dumb choice to put a team there. Sorry, can't get behind them and never will so sue me. Plus the league decided to expand while they have certain franchises that can't get their shit together. Don't like it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Still irritated that Vegas is in the league. Dumb choice to put a team there. Sorry, can't get behind them and never will so sue me. Plus the league decided to expand while they have certain franchises that can't get their **** together. Don't like it.
it doesn't help that they've been absolutely bush league so far like having their 4.5m #1 center sit in the minors for a couple of games

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Still irritated that Vegas is in the league. Dumb choice to put a team there. Sorry, can't get behind them and never will so sue me. Plus the league decided to expand while they have certain franchises that can't get their **** together. Don't like it.
Yes but the state of the league (or other franchises) isn't the get fault of Vegas. If they can make money and build a solid fanbase then they deserve it as much (or more) than those cities that can't.

Reactions: carko32

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Bruins about to get shutout by the goalie they dumped on waivers to an expansion team.

They do not look good.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Leafs picked a really good time to be good again. There is only two, maybe three good teams in our division if you consider Ottawa a good team.
I do. They're on a hot streak but Karlsson is a top 5 player in the game at worst, and they have some good pieces to support him. Fantastic coaching as well

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I thought AV was from Toronto? We will send him and his smurf David D. and place them on a boat to Canada. :)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Leafs picked a really good time to be good again. There is only two, maybe three good teams in our division if you consider Ottawa a good team.

again I feel kinda bad. i want to destroy the teams when they are at their best.
right now it's like enjoying ice cream - doing it when they are their best, it's like having fudge on top.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
again I feel kinda bad. i want to destroy the teams when they are at their best.
right now it's like enjoying ice cream - doing it when they are their best, it's like having fudge on top.

It’s very hard for all 7-8 teams in a division to be good at the same time. Some of them just have to be bad, in previous years that was us. Now it’s them.

I don’t see Tampa being good in a year or two either when it comes time to pay Kucherov more than double what he’s making. They are already hurting. They are a very top heavy team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It’s very hard for all 7-8 teams in a division to be good at the same time. Some of them just have to be bad, in previous years that was us. Now it’s them.

I don’t see Tampa being good in a year or two either when it comes time to pay Kucherov more than double what he’s making. They are already hurting. They are a very top heavy team.

and he doesn't seem the type of person who will take a team friendly discount. it will be interesting.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
and he doesn't seem the type of person who will take a team friendly discount. it will be interesting.

He did take a "discount" on a bridge contract that still ends with him being RFA. So he took a discount for this season and the next hoping that Tampa would win in these two years.

You're right though, he's not taking a discount on his next contract. If he plays anywhere close to what he did last year, he's going to get 10M...but the freaking taxes situation helps Tampa out a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad