Around the League the First: Government Shutdown Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The real question is: Why would you want that to happen? What exactly did that accomplish?

One of those teams still lost that game, and it put every player on those respective lines at unnessary risk for injury.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
The more I watch some of these games the better I feel about our defense. Anaheim, Washington, Colorado...all absolutely atrocious defenses. I'd put the Hurricanes at about 25th. Moving on up.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I was looking at Calgary's roster yesterday and I thought wow that is one of the worst NHL rosters I've seen in a while. I guess Washington took them lightly as well.

I just looked at their GDT for the final roster. They have a nice futurama theme, and holy bejezus, that lineup is awful. They're starting Karri Ramo, for cryin' out loud. And that first line of Glencross, Stajan, and Stempniak...

Still, they're beating Washington, and that makes me happy.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hoping it's that Washington isn't very good this year but my head says it's they're taking Calgary lightly.

Calgary is supposed to be bad this year and for the next several years, we'll see though if they can do us a favor tonight.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Flames score 90 seconds after Washington scores first goal of game.

Maybe Washington really isn't going to be good this year.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Team Canada has goaltending problems.

The Caps can still score though. We're gonna see a lot of their games going 6+ goals between the two teams.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Zac Dalpe with a whopping 2:39 of ice time tonight. Didn't play after the first period. That's pretty sad.

Nevermind, he finally got a shift late in the 3rd. That's good, I guess.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Wasn't Varlamov the franchise goaltender 3 years ago? They are lucky to solve their goaltender problems so frequently.

I'm sure there's some comment about stones and glass houses that could be made.

Haven't we had the same issue with our defense? At least they only have to worry about finding one player :laugh:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm sure there's some comment about stones and glass houses that could be made.

Haven't we had the same issue with our defense? At least they only have to worry about finding one player :laugh:

But as we've seen when Ward get's hurt, that 1 player is a whole lot more important to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad