Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Nashville does a far better job with fan engagement. Leafs management is pretty brutal when it comes to that stuff.

(sticks out pinky as he sips his tea) my dear, our crowd is too refined for such pleb shenanigans

Reactions: Kurtz

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nashville does a far better job with fan engagement. Leafs management is pretty brutal when it comes to that stuff.

Exactly. And a lot of Leafs fans are too Hotty Toddy to go go crazy. I go to games in Nashville with some very wealthy people and they have no problem wearing a Preds “sweater” ( I trained them) to the game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Exactly. And a lot of Leafs fans are too Hotty Toddy to go go crazy. I go to games in Nashville with some very wealthy people and they have no problem wearing a Preds “sweater” ( I trained them) to the game.

that is so unfair it's not even funny.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I mean here's a perfect example: Nasville fans are currently singing along to "let it be" song during the goal review. How amazing is that.

And it's followed by the "You suck, it's all your fault" chant that follows every single goal they score, even in a regular season blowout.

You think the Leaf grey hairs at the game would ever demean themselves to chant that?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I mean here's a perfect example: Nasville fans are currently singing along to "let it be" song during the goal review. How amazing is that.

Now the you suck it’s all your fault.....EVERYONE does it

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

And it's followed by the "You suck, it's all your fault" chant that follows every single goal they score, even in a regular season blowout.

You think the Leaf grey hairs at the game would ever demean themselves to chant that?

No. No they wouldn’t

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta

To be honest I don't have a problem with them not demeaning themselves to chant that. That's just being a jackass of a crowd. Coming up with some solid cheers for your team after they scored? Sure. Heck come up with something fun depending on who scored the goal.

That kind of stupid chant is as bad as Columbus blasting freaking canons after every goal. Would get old fast.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
OK Leafs....Philly and the Avs can do it.....and they’re playing really good teams......

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Well, Ryan Ellis showed how to properly play a 2 on 1 there, but that was a very lucky bounce for the Avs.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
To be honest I don't have a problem with them not demeaning themselves to chant that. That's just being a jackass of a crowd. Coming up with some solid cheers for your team after they scored? Sure. Heck come up with something fun depending on who scored the goal.

That kind of stupid chant is as bad as Columbus blasting freaking canons after every goal. Would get old fast.

Boo this man....just funnin

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

I'm going to take away some of the magic and reveal to you that the chants are written up before the game and given to designated sections who then lead them on cue and the rest of the arena follows, so they're definitely not spontaneous/improvised...but it's almost impossible to improvise a chant and have the arena pick it up spontaneously.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Sports are different down here. They are important, but it’s meant to be fun and everyone has the tailgating mentality. If you’ve never tailgated at an SEC football game you wouldn’t understand what they’re doing.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

LOL
I dunno. i mean maybe i'm hoity toity, or whatever, but if i am going to a game, i'm going to watch the damn thing. for me, i would love to go to another leafs game. i would never go to a NSH game because it would drive me bananas by the end of the first period.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Defense wins again for the Jets this time.

Winnipeg shutout Minny in their last 2 games and only gave up 3 goals against in their 4 wins in the series to advance to round #2.

That's how you do it !!!

Strong defense + goaltending propels Cup contenders forward and sends pretenders packing and going home.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad