Around the League - Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Jack Campbell has outplayed Skinner this preseason. Will be interesting to see how he does this season.
I could see him taking over the net again. He should for the contract he signed. Wish him the best but I'd like to see the Oilers crash and burn too.
It's all mental with Campbell. Pre season games won't show much. The real test is if hes given the reigns again and to see how he responds. Skinner isnt a really good option either. Oilers put themselves in a dumb position.
Yeah I somewhat agree. I think their goaltending is alright but both of them we'll most likely have stretches where it's rough. I wish Campbell all the best. He's a good person but I'd put my money on Sammy. Plus I think at some point Woll could possibly take over for a while in net.

People can laugh at the Leafs D all they want but I think that's more the problem with Edmonton then anything.

Team D. Forwards are unreal and they can score but they let in a ton when they're on the ice too.

Just saw Casron Soucy injury... yikes. That's a big hit to Vancouver. They were already looking for other d man apparently. Have to feel for them a bit.

Preseason is too long.

Reactions: BallardEra

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

for context these were their picks for 2022. Calgary winning the cup.

FeWAizSX0AA3Ly4.jpeg

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

for context these were their picks for 2022. Calgary winning the cup.

View attachment 749876

Calgary is my pick for the bounce back team and they could very well win the west because it feels like both conferences are a crap shoot. If I had to rank the East
Tier 1
Canes On paper they should win, but they lack team toughness
NJ is still too young? Talented, though.

Tier 2
Rangers - coaching and lack of scoring
Boston has to replace Bergeron, lots of talent still, and they won the Presidents last year
TB has the piece if they make it.
Florida has a team.

Tier 3
Pitt, Wash, Leafs, NYI -they all have some pieces but a lot would have to go right and every piece would have to fall into place.
Newbies
Ottawa Buffalo They’ll be battling NJD before we know it

The rest
Det and CBJ will have moments.
Phily needs to get better, fast

TTOE - who cares.

West

They'll nominate one of
VGK, Col, Edm, Cal, Dal,

What I’ll watch from the western conference - Bedard - to see if he’s the Team Canada Bedard or just really good.

This NHL needs a big year and is teetering on losing even more fans because of the on ice product and the marketing strategy.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I look forward to the Leafs continuing to dunk on Scheifele for almost another decade. [MOD]

Not sure how I feel about the removable top. The arena underneath is pretty cool but not being one solid piece is kinda tacky IMO. Also "It's Knight Time" is some cringeworthy stuff.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
What's the difference between your projections and predictions in this context?

You've made a projection but you don't believe in it enough yourself to call it your prediction?
This projection is solely based off a model, 0 subjectivity. A prediction would be subjective.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Bedard is clearly a top talent, but I have to wonder if he came at the wrong time for them. They are going to need more good pieces to truly compete and need if he doesn’t drag them up too far in the standings for that to happen.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Bedard is clearly a top talent, but I have to wonder if he came at the wrong time for them. They are going to need more good pieces to truly compete and need if he doesn’t drag them up too far in the standings for that to happen.
The combination of Mrazek and Soderblom should keep them low enough in the standings. It also depends how much they shed off the roster between now and the deadline. They will probably trade off contributing players like Murphy, Dickinson, and maybe Raddysh.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I think you're overestimating how much one rookie can do to improve your team.

They're goaltending is awful (Mrazek), their defense is putrid, Jones, Murphy, they're OK, but then Zaitsev and Tinordi (gross) are their vet insulation for a couple rookies.

Up front they have Bedard and they brought in Hall to give him someone to play with. AA gives you some secondary scoring but is so bad defensively he probably makes the team worse. Foligno and Perry will fill a role but without a strong group to play with like they had in Boston/Tampa they're basically just player/coaches for Bedard. Then it's just a bunch castaways who are basically waiver fodder caliber with a couple younger guys sprinkled in (Reichel and Guttman).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce