Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Living in Calgary and listening to their Sports radio, it is kind of good what is happening here.

Reluctantly they give some props to the Leafs now, but mostly it is bash everything so to see them fall off their high horses is soothing.

Not over until it is over but when it is and they acknowledge the lottery ticket they gave the Islanders for this failed season ... gotta love Burke. Fires Feaster and gets ready to take credit for the successful Flames and here we are right back to where he sent the Leafs.

Basically, his shtick.
his only real claim to fame is the following:

Getting the Sedins to Vancouver
Getting Pronger to Anaheim and taking advantage of the Neidermayers wanting to play with each other

Bryan Murarry built that 07 cup team and Burke gets the credit. like you said, Feaster pretty much does all the heavy lifting, Burke swoops in and takes all the credit. Leafs do well , it's "see, I laid the table, but they hate me." Leafs crap the bed "well that's Nonis's team now. i have nothing to do with it, i'm long gone."

He's such a joke.

Reactions: OddyOh and SAMCRO44

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Ooof, Price at 10.5 for the next 8 seasons.

that was such a stupid contract to give Price.
Bergevin should have waited until this year, (regardless of how this year turned out) and I wouldn't have given him 10.5 (I wouldn't give any goalie that much, simply way too risky for a goalie). if he walked he walked, and you could argue it would suit Montreal a hell of a lot better.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Boston have lost 4 of their last 6.

Unfortunately, 2 came in overtime.

Their next 4 are Dallas, Minnesota, Winnipeg and Tampa Bay, with 3 of those on the road. Then they face the red hot Panthers, then the Flyers, then Tampa Bay again, and then finish with Florida, Ottawa and Florida again.

We need to win 4 games more than they do in 1 less game.

We’d probably have to go 7-2 if not 8-1 to even have a remote chance at home ice.

AKA, book your tickets for game 1 in Boston

Playoffs start the 11th right? which means the Leafs/Bruins probably wouldnt play until the 12th or 13th is my guess, since Boston isnt done until the 8th.

Does anyone know when the official playoff schedule is released? i want to go to Boston but want to take minimal time off work.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
you think Boston is gonna pass Tampa?

I'm just saying that unlike us climbing out of 3rd place, Boston catching Tampa is something that could easily happen. They're only 4 points behind them with a game in hand, plus they play each other twice so yeah, it could happen.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm just saying that unlike us climbing out of 3rd place, Boston catching Tampa is something that could easily happen. They're only 4 points behind them with a game in hand, plus they play each other twice so yeah, it could happen.

I honestly cant believe Boston can still rack up points with all of the injuries that they have had. It blows my mind lol.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I honestly cant believe Boston can still rack up points with all of the injuries that they have had. It blows my mind lol.

I know, it's amazing. That is a very impressive hockey team, not happy at all that we may have to face them in round one. TB is no bargain either so we better be at our very best no matter who we play is all I can say.

Reactions: tom leafers

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Playoffs start the 11th right? which means the Leafs/Bruins probably wouldnt play until the 12th or 13th is my guess, since Boston isnt done until the 8th.

Does anyone know when the official playoff schedule is released? i want to go to Boston but want to take minimal time off work.

Leafs/Bruins will likely start the 12th, so there can be a game on the 14th (Saturday)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
That race for the last WC spot will be a doozy. Florida blew a huge chance tonight to leap frog the Devils while still having a game in hand. As it stands now, they are 1 point behind with a game in hand.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
league wants to have the 30th place team only have an 18 percent chance to win the lottery.
geeze. why not just not have a lottery and have players sign wherever they want since they don't want tanking so badly.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
that was such a stupid contract to give Price.
Bergevin should have waited until this year, (regardless of how this year turned out) and I wouldn't have given him 10.5 (I wouldn't give any goalie that much, simply way too risky for a goalie). if he walked he walked, and you could argue it would suit Montreal a hell of a lot better.
Well, after Radulov and Markov leaving for Bergevin being cheap with them last summer, I think pressure to sign Price for whatever it takes would have been enormous. Granted, he did not have great season, but you cannot predict it last year.
Also that signing signaled that Mtl goes for the cup and it supposed to bring back Radulov and Markov likes on cheaper contracts perhaps? It backfired, but perhaps that was an idea to bring some ufas to push them over the top. They were 1st in division last year after all.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Stajan to play his 1000th game.
I feel old.
Really, OMG. I was just having this conversation the other day with some buddies of mine, I was saying if someone play 1000NHL games, he deserves to be in the HOF nomatter how horrible his stats are. The fact that you play at least 13 seasons in a full contact league is a talent in itself.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
league wants to have the 30th place team only have an 18 percent chance to win the lottery.
geeze. why not just not have a lottery and have players sign wherever they want since they don't want tanking so badly.
Personally, once the league expand to 32 teams, they should have two playoffs, one for the Cup and the other for the No.1 overall pick.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Well, after Radulov and Markov leaving for Bergevin being cheap with them last summer, I think pressure to sign Price for whatever it takes would have been enormous. Granted, he did not have great season, but you cannot predict it last year.
Also that signing signaled that Mtl goes for the cup and it supposed to bring back Radulov and Markov likes on cheaper contracts perhaps? It backfired, but perhaps that was an idea to bring some ufas to push them over the top. They were 1st in division last year after all.
Price's contract is okay, I mean if is the best goalie in the league, he is just having an off year.
The thing I don't understand is Subban. He is the heart and soul of the Habs, at least whenever I get a chance to watch them and he is one of the few players who can drive the team and that difference maker. Weber is as good but he is not a difference maker like Subban.

Reactions: carko32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad